By Chellybelly92 - 01/07/2013 15:34 - United States - Allentown

Today, while waitressing, I had a huge party. When everything was said and done I saw the tip they left me. It said on a napkin, "You're pretty. You can't put a value on a compliment." And that was it. I wish compliments paid the rent. FML
I agree, your life sucks 57 332
You deserved it 4 127

Chellybelly92 tells us more.

Chellybelly92 14

Wow this made it. That day was kinda bad for tips and that just topped it. But I made a good amount it's just probably gonna be a rough month with money but I'll make it. Thanks guys.

Top comments

Wow, that's horrible OP. All the places I work have gratuity added for parties greater than 6 or 8.

I can put a value on a compliment: Zero. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. Assholes.

Comments

Make a mental note of who they are. Next time the come in be sure not to cough, sneeze, shed hair, spit, drop their food on the floor, sprinkle pubic hair or anything else on their food.

And be fired for being unhygienic - please do not give people cause not to trust the food industry..

I am so ******* sick of these stories about lousy tips. First it was "sorry I'm a single mom". Then it was "I give God 10% so why should you get 15%". And now this. Sorry that happened to you op.

kirbs19 37

You didn't grat them?!?! I'm a waitress and I hate when that happens I say BAD TIPPERS BURN IN HELL lol

Working in the restaurant industry is tough. Where i work i make 4.25/hr plus tips which are shared between servers and hosts. you have my sympathy, and im jealous of all the comments about servers who are paid 30$/hr

Yeah.... I've found that people that are nice to you usually don't tip well, probably cause they feel bad about shorting you despite $2/he wages...

It's even worse if you're a busser. Trust me.

drayloon 50

At least you're pretty, if thats any consolation

Some people don't understand that waitresses make less than min. wage.

The tipping culture is totally ****** up. Waitresses should get normal minimal wage and tipping should be forbidden.

MrZsDad 19

Sorry to hear OP. I've worked in the industry and know your pain. I hope someone makes it up to you soon.