By ForeverAGirlfriend - 13/06/2016 04:40 - United States - Aliquippa

Today, while vacationing with my boyfriend of 9 years, he started writing "Wi" in the sand. I instantly hoped he was going to propose by writing, "Will you marry me" on the beach. He spelled out "wiener" instead. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 043
You deserved it 3 207

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe you should propose so he can sulk about his manhood and you won't have to wait another 9 years.

Above it you should write "will you marry me you" so it says Will you marry me you wiener?

Comments

Maybe he is insecure, you should do it, there is nothing wrong about a woman that knows what she wants and goes for it.

looks like You got yourself a keeper ..

if it haven't been 9 years I would of said keeper

I think after 9 years, you should know he's not ever going to propose....

It's been too long. Either propose yourself or dump him

OP here! Thank you for the ones who didn't completely bash me or my relationship. We started dating when I was a sophomore in HS. We graduated college a year apart and I'm currently a few months away from completing my master's degree. We are both in the careers that we went to school for and worked extremely hard for. We have discussed marriage plenty of times, like a million of times. With the discussions we've had and plans we have made, the proposal could happen at any moment...which is why I even had the idea in my mind. He had no idea that I thought anything about that moment until after the fact. We have ridiculous sense of humors so it was something that fit perfectly in our relationship ?

I can see my self doing this in the near future

Real keeper you got there. Although, I would have went with something more elegant. "Dong" perhaps.

It's been 9 years... You're still hopeful he's going to propose?

In my opinion, 9 years is way too long to be in a relationship and still not be married (assuming that's where you want the relationship to go). It sounds like he has some s.e.r.i.o.u.s commitment issues, sorry OP :/

Waiting that long means nothing and gives no indication of commitment issues, it can depend on their circumstances. My aunt met my uncle at 17, they waited over 10yrs because it just wasn't the right time and given they started dating young, they wanted to get their lives in order first. My boyfriend and I have talked about marriage, but we've agreed we're not even considering an engagement until I'm at least 25. That could be a 5yr+ wait because we want to be financially stable before spending money on a wedding. In the OP's case, they started dating when she was a sophomore in high school, probably around 15, 9yrs means they're in their mid 20s now. The fact that they waited that long is good, they went through school and have their lives in order, and are in a more stable position to get engaged and married.