By Anonymous - 06/04/2014 21:07 - Ireland - Dublin

Today, while on a first date, I had to excuse myself to the restroom. I was still tired from pulling an all-nighter, and fell asleep on the toilet. When I woke up and rushed back out, my date was gone. Everyone now thinks I'm an arsehole who pulled the old "window escape" trick on her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 811
You deserved it 13 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Everyone who is irrelevant except her. Go chase after her and offer to pay her back. You might still get a second date.

XxXBadAshXxX 27

Aw man! Sad day. I'm sure you can explain what happened and she'll forgive you.

Comments

maggiefox 25

Darn these damn human bodies that sleep or don't sleep when they wish.

Oooh, that's rough. Better luck next time buddy, just try explaining what happened and you two may just laugh about it later. :)

You should have rescheduled if you were so tired. You owe that girl big time assuming she gives you another chance.

Apologise. Send her flowers and money for what she had to pay. That is whether or not you ask her on another date.

Do you have her number? If so, call her and explain what happens and hopefully you'll get another chance.

First things first. Go back and flush.

cosmicriver 17

I'm sorry, man. That's totally bunk. I know how hard it can be pulling 3rd shift at work. I did it for months. It is exhausting, mentally as well as physically. Communication goes along way, although. So, just maybe, you could try explaining to her what happened and why. Also express to her that you feel absolutely terrible that you put her through that. She may have felt as if she wasn't "good enough" and in turn hurting her feelings. Although, she could be one of those women who are pissy, bitchy and high maintenance. Either way, it would not hurt to communicate to her how you feel. She may even appreciate it. Perhaps, in turn, she may tell you how she feels. You may also learn more about her character and personality by what she says. She could be forgiving, understanding and tolerant. Although, she could also be stuck-up, unforgiving, and non understanding of your work situation. I hope it all works out for you, either way. I've been there before, know how badly it can suck and it can definitely put a damper on you day, or your life in general. No matter what comes of it, just remember this ; Without The Bad Days, We Would Be Incapable Of Appreciating The Good Days. Best of luck to you.

HOW do you fall asleep on a toilet!? at a restaurant? this it totally YDI. R/S the date if you are too tired

A follow up would be great for this one! I'd really like to know what happened after.

if she's fun, she will probably just laugh :) its worth a try!