By Allie cat - 02/12/2016 13:43

Today, while in deep sleep, I was suddenly awoken by a tickle on my face and nearly threw my cat off the bed. Apparently, 4 a.m. Is the perfect time to touch noses with your human. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 477
You deserved it 1 577

Same thing different taste

Top comments

4am is about the time when your eyelids and other face muscles might twitch from dreaming. Your cat was probably drawn by the movement. Maybe it wanted to check on its favorite human's wellbeing. Or maybe the fur ball was about to viciously attack your twitching nose. With cats, it's a coin toss.

Of course! They gotta make sure you're still alive and so you can feed them in the morning!

Comments

It is! My cat licks my nose in the middle of the night to wake me up, just so she can get comfy against the pillow.

It's your cat's way of saying "wake up and feed me DAMN IT!!"

Your cat was just saying good morning. How could you not find that endearing

BabyCakes818 16

My cat does the same thing. I yell at her to go back to sleep and then she crawls up alongside my back. ^.^

You have to be prepared for anything when you get a cat. cat ownership rule #687.

Really, though, this is F-your cat's life. She was trying to say hello to her mom and nearly went flying. The nice thing about living with a cat who's part British shorthair is she won't touch her nose to me at 4:00 a.m. She will, however, knock things off the tables.

Sometimes my roommate's cat decides that 3 am is the perfect time to jump down from the windowsill on to my stomach. Note, this is my roommate's f***ing cat.

Could have been a lot worse. It could have been a spider.