By idiot - 19/11/2016 06:48 - United States - Wausau

Today, while I was reading on my tablet, my dog wanted to be let outside, so I set down the tablet and let her outside. I returned to the living room to continue reading when I heard a crunch. The tablet had fallen to the floor and I'd stepped on it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 793
You deserved it 2 780

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Stop being so harsh people, not everyone's life has to be full of wars, stressful bosses, homelessness, etc, for it to be a FML moment. And tablets are expensive, so breaking something expensive IS an FML moment because not everyone's pockets are full of money. Everyone has their own experiences, don't compare or judge. And also, it's easy to miss something you've dropped on the floor. It's happened to EVERYONE. So OP does NOT deserve it. Jeez, that stuff is just human.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I mean, hey I might get downvoted but I liked this connection! Could've been worded better but nice!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

my mom's been dead for almost three years.

Fool me once... shame on me. Screw it, you made me chuckle, so have a thumbs up.

OP here, I thankfully found someone selling a kindle fire tablet in town for just $30 within the same week as breaking the featured one. The downside was having to repurchase a couple drmed books.

If this really is OP you're a retard. How did you not even see your tablet when it was on the floor?

black tablet, dark green carpeting, light not on in the hallway, tablet in shadow of chair. and ya know what, I agree it was dumb. I should have set it in the table or something.

plus, I wasn't watching the floor, I thought the tablet was still in the chair

How did you not see your tablet on the floor? YDI

Stop being so harsh people, not everyone's life has to be full of wars, stressful bosses, homelessness, etc, for it to be a FML moment. And tablets are expensive, so breaking something expensive IS an FML moment because not everyone's pockets are full of money. Everyone has their own experiences, don't compare or judge. And also, it's easy to miss something you've dropped on the floor. It's happened to EVERYONE. So OP does NOT deserve it. Jeez, that stuff is just human.

Aw aha, no problem at all. <3 Thank you for your comment Alan! :)

ber4fun 23

Wow that sucks, I've stepped on my tablet before but I must not be heavy enough to crush it to bits.

I thought the same sort of thing when I read this.

it was still "usable" (as in turned on and showed the display correctly) but I mostly used it for reading so the spider webs of cracks were really distracting.

You can get a more durable tablet for reading called a book... Give it a try some time ?

did you know a tablet can contain theoretically infinite books while taking up infinitely less space

middlenamefrank 8

Pick up the debris in the living room, watch where you're walking, and don't be so careless with your expensive toys. The passive voice in the phrase "The tablet had fallen to the floor" doesn't make it the tablet's fault for falling on the floor, it's your fault for not putting it somewhere safe.