By yolonono - 04/12/2014 18:30 - United States - San Francisco

Today, while I was on a field trip with my son, my husband decided to get rid of our dog without asking anyone. Now I get to pick up the pieces of a broken heart, and he thinks he did nothing wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 881
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wow, that's really messed up. Hopefully your kid will get past it and you need to have a talk with your husband..

cmchappy 25

Your husband sounds like a prick

Comments

CurlyQute 17

Why would he think that is would be okay?

Some people just wanna watch the world burn...

#75: And some people just wanna quote Batman movies.

That really sucks OP. Maybe (assuming he didn't harm him) you can get him back!

RipeFlame 18

I'm hoping. Needs a follow up

I feel sorry for the dog first. Then for the kid, then for the wife. But seriously, thinking about this poor dog that didn't do anything wrong, and that is now alone and heartbroken makes me feel so sad.

You have no idea what the dog had done. Maybe it was destroying the house. Maybe they were not taking proper care of it. I can think of a ton of plausible reason. Does OP have her head in the sand and care less? They could of talked about it already. I understand his side!

orbit 22

But you also have no idea what the dog has done or if they have talked about it. So by your own reasoning you can not agree with him.

Uh, 27, the FML very clearly says "without asking anyone". Obviously they didn't talk about it, or there wasn't consensus on the gravity of the situation. The most plausible explanation is that OP's husband is a control-freak sociopath.

The op clearly state the husband got rid of the dog 'without asking anyone' meaning they never talked about it before hanf

killerdana 19

#27, "could have" not "could of"

What kind of prick gets rid of the family dog without saying anything to anyone???

Your husband is a complete and utter asshole

Was your son suppose to be the one responsible for the dog and slacked? My parents made it clear that when we had a pet-- I was totally in charge of walking, feeding, bathing, grooming etc... If I stopped taking care of her, they would adopt her out to a home to better suit her needs. Sorry if that wasn't the case

Even if that were the case, getting rid of the dog still should have been a joint parental decision, not something the dad did on his own when everyone else was gone.

A pet shouldn't be punished because of the actions of a child. Parents should only take on a pet knowing they may have to look after it. You can try and justify it how you like, but a pet shouldn't suffer and be shunted around because people are too lazy to parent properly. It's not a toy you can just take away.

anniemeece 23

That's horrible! I'm really rather flabbergasted. If that was my husband, we'd have a serious problem. That is not okay at all.

skittyskatbrat 19

Unless there is some amazing background going on here to justify it (and it's a real mind-stretch to come up with such a scenario) your husband is a total dick. Hope this is the only hurtful, controlling, asshole thing he's doing. :(

bobsanction 18

Sounds like it's time to get a divorce lawyer. Or a gun.