By fucking moron - 09/12/2014 09:39 - United States - Mount Holly

Today, while fasting for a medical test, my blood sugar became so low that I had heart palpitations and passed out. My doctor's advice? Fast, so he can run more tests. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 253
You deserved it 2 867

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think your doctor might not have all of his qualifications...

I don't think your blood sugar should have dropped so low from fasting for a one day period, so you may have an issue with that. But I think you're allowed to chew gum, which might give you some extra sugar your body needs in case it gets that low again.

Comments

I hope that they're able to test you somehow OP and that you will be able to feel better soon!

If your doctor wants you to fast for more blood work, here's what I would do: 1)Go to a drugstore and pick up a glucose meter. Ask the pharmacist how to use the meter if you've never used one before. Make sure the meter comes with at least a few testing strips. 2)Attempt to fast again in order to complete your blood work. If you start to feel weak again, test your blood glucose level. If it is low (consult with your doctor or pharmacist for what they consider "low"), immediately stop fasting and get something to eat. You can attempt to finish the blood work at another time. 3)Consult with your doctor. Let them know what happened, and explain that this has happened before. Let them know each time you have a low.

I didn't mean to hit ydi.? My phone scrolled magically and I hit the wrong button.?

He's gone through the schooling required. he's doing it for a reason. and besides if you're having that problem are you sure it would have happened that fast? like think about it. chances are the doctor knows what he's doing.

Attacksloth 33

Dr. Seuss, MD, at your service!

Yeah, if your type one diabetic that means the doctor is just trying to figure out your Basel rate.

That's annoying. Just eat normally for awhile, then slowly drop down to fasting again. Drink juice instead of just water if you can to keep your sugar levels steady