By needlessly hungry - 10/03/2019 20:00

Today, when I tried to give blood, I was turned down before I even made it through the information packet. Why? Because I had thought I was supposed to fast for 24 hours beforehand. FML
I agree, your life sucks 950
You deserved it 3 500

Same thing different taste

Top comments

colderthanyou 15

This is more like a thank heavens situation instead of an FML. They just wanna keep you safe!!

You don't even have to fast for 24 hours before having a big surgery. Why would you think you'd have to do that for just giving some blood?

Comments

colderthanyou 15

This is more like a thank heavens situation instead of an FML. They just wanna keep you safe!!

You don't even have to fast for 24 hours before having a big surgery. Why would you think you'd have to do that for just giving some blood?

ViviMage 38

Are you trying to faint?? You want to eat a light meal before arriving. Fasting will just make you very queasy. Also, the first time you donate can be tough. My sister and I tried to go into shock and turned bone white, and I threw up afterwards. But once you're used to it, it's no worse than a regular blood test. I can't donate anymore because I'm chronically anemic and I can't handle a dip in blood calcium electrolytes from the plasma donations either.

maybe that why I always got tired and really hot and pale donating plasma.

That’s bullshit. To do some tests, they ask you to fast to get the most accurate results. To donate blood, they only care if you’ve taken certain meds.

depressered 4