By Anon - 28/05/2012 05:01 - United States

Today, while at the mall, a kid no older than 5 pushed a stroller into my heel, which caught the back of my shoe and caused me to face-plant the floor in the middle of a very crowded department store. I didn't even get an apology. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 329
You deserved it 2 455

Same thing different taste

Top comments

He probably meant no harm. Just tell him Santa doesn't exist and run away.

As the parent of a five-year old, I can tell you that most of them don't know right from wrong. It sounds like a simple accident (we let our daughter push her brother sometimes, but only under strict supervision), so blaming the child here or expecting an apology is just wrong. Blaming the parents, however is justified. And by "blaming" I mean cursing them out for not watching their kid, and coincidentally teaching the kid some colourful new 4-letter words that they'll be repeating for months.

Comments

Mommyof2_91 10

29- I know it's ridiculous, I think if people can't properly the care of their kids they shouldn't have them. I have a 20 month old son and if he hurts somebody ( as much as a 20 month old even could) I can usually get him to apologize, if not then I say sorry. I just wish I seen more parents trying to do that. 47- I guess that makes sense, I haven't noticed it a lot where I live, but I am from a small town. If somebody gives me the wrong vibes when my children around I would just keep an eye on them.

taylor317 7

Who cares if the kid's 5? If that happened to me, I'd tell him to apologize. They need to learn early not to turn out like every other asshole in my generation.

Everybody who commented anythink like "it's OK, he's only 5" shouldn't be allowed to have / take care of kids. Like, ever.

The parents were more inconsiderate and rude than the kid.

TOTALLY! They should teach their kid how to be a HUMAN!

Sounds like a case of bad parenting to me

I agree that the parent should have apologized, but if they glanced away for a moment they may not have realized what caused you to fall. Fyl, but if it was crowded they may not have seen what was going on.

The kid should have apologized but it happens all the time I live around a lot of old people and they can't drive anything especially a shopping cart, I can't tell u how many times I've gotten a cart to the heel from some eighty year old lady and they don't even apologize

I hate when that happens its just like excuse me tell your kids to get their little pram thing off my foot! I feel your pain haha

I hate when that happens and the parents don't say anything. DUFPRP!!!!!( damn u ******* public retarded parents)