By caca maker - 13/01/2013 09:22 - Canada

Today, while arguing with my pregnant wife, she said, “You can’t understand. I’m creating life. What are you creating, besides poop?” FML
I agree, your life sucks 635
You deserved it 265

Top comments

This isn't the 1920s, women work too, even pregnant ones. How do you know she isn't the primary financial provider? Also, using money and financial care for your spouse to win disagreements is a controlling and abusive behaviour.

We don't know what the argument was about. OP could've been complaining about something stupid and his wife, who is ******* pregnant, was plum tired of it. It's not easy to carry a baby.

Comments

You tried arguing with your pregnant wife?? YDI, for doing something that history has proven to never goes well.

Even women who are, or have been, pregnant use this excuse to win arguments against other women. My mom has used it on me. Oddly enough, she was arguing that pregnancy was easy and not that bad. While I was saying that just because that was her experience, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone. "You've never been pregnant, you don't know what it's like." We were discussing surrogacy, her belief was that it's a lazy, cop out. Just because I haven't experienced pregnancy directly, doesn't mean I don't understand it and the struggles it entails.

She thinks surrogacy is lazy? I imagine you brought up the fact that for some, it's the only choice they have if they want a family. I would hope you did, anyway. I know people who would never have been able to have kids if not for the kindness of women who carried those kids for them. It would be cruel to call that lazy when it's all some people can do.

Oh yes, of course I brought that up. I don't even remember everything she said, her logic was ridiculous. There's nothing wrong with using alternative methods to produce a child. Even if surrogacy wasn't used due to fertility issues, pregnancy and birth can be hard, draining, and painful, even life threatening sometimes. If some people want to avoid that, I don't blame them.

"Once you go on maternity leave, I'll be creating a stable financial future for us."

Yeah, when my best friend was pregnant, I would just try to avoid arguments when she would start them and I would overlook her rude attitude, because I know it's the pregnancy hormones paired with also being uncomfortable (even though I've never been pregnant, I try to sympathize.) I pick my battles and arguing with a pregnant woman over stupid shit, definitely isn't worth it. I was just counting down the months until my "normal" friend came back and she's fine now lol. Just because you don't partake in a silly argument, doesn't mean you're wrong and "lose." It's called being the bigger person and knowing it's probably just the hormones and discomfort talking. At least that's how I try to look at it, so it makes it more tolerable and creates less drama.

And there you are carrying thousands of could be children