By jaimie - 19/03/2011 16:00 - United States

Today, we were going to Disney World all the way from North Carolina. After 12 hours of driving, my kids started fighting and complaining. My husband finally said, "If I hear you guys one more time we're turning around and going back home." They annoyed him once again, and we actually went home. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 853
You deserved it 8 631

Same thing different taste

Top comments

milou_fml 6

that's some pretty badass parenting right there

he'll yeah, that's the kind of parenting I wanna see, no sucking up to kids, those kids will remember that for the rest of their life

Comments

jamrho3708 0

good! 99% of the time that's an empty threat and kids know it is... if you don't follow through they'll walk all over you. Good for him, it's not like he was thrilled about turning around and driving all the way back!

ILoveYourDespair 0
Boredumm 6

lol that'll be a trip the kids will remember. xD hope they learned their lessons.

this is just stupidity at the maximum. YDI or marrying a complete dumbass. if you want to make a point turn the car around an may e drive back for an hour and turn back. but 12 hours? your children will not e disciplined now. they will be rebellious.

shaysters1432 0

thats rediculous...kids do that partnof parenting is being patient!

north carolina? that's nothing. I went from northern illinois

I've seen worse. No lie, one time on my way to Disney World, I saw the van in front of me pull over on the highway and THROW their daughter out of the car! My dad pulled over too and tried to give them some parenting tips. There was almost a huge fight because there were these two huge guys in the back of their van growling at us. we drove away, scared shitless and sad before anything happened. people these days.

I highly doubt the parents would have actually left their daughter there. Your dad should have kept his nose out of other people's business. I've heard of several parents who've kicked their kids out of the car to give them a scare, driven off round the block then come back and pick them up. I'd say "people these days" about your father thinking he can tell total strangers how to raise their kids. Unless they're actually beating up their kids or something he should have just minded his own business.

fieldhockyluva24 4

kids are taken all the time. what makes you think that in the five or so minutes that the parents took to 'scare' their daughter that someone wouldn't have pulled over and snatched the kid? or what if someone wasn't paying attention while driving and veered off the side of the road and hit her. that is a lot harsher than beating a kid in my opinion.

218 - Are you serious? Leaving your child anywhere alone is child abuse. That's no way to punish a child, it's just sick, most children are abducted because of stupid, negligent parents who do things like that.

Well that was kind of stupid after 12 hours in the car anybody, kids especially get restless. I hope your husband had to pay for a hotel so then he can feel like a dumbass.

Good for him!!! Follow-through is what most parents are missing nowadays.

Erindub 0

That should make for a pretty cheap vacation though. Think about it OP.