By goodbyeGPA - 08/10/2018 17:30

Today, the first day of school, I went to the book store to purchase my textbooks. Not only did I wait for 30 minutes, but they didn’t even have my books in stock. I was advised to visit another campus 45 minutes away. They didn’t have it either. I have assignments due already. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 849
You deserved it 739

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been in school one day, and you have assignments, plural, to hand in already? That's insane. Also, why didn't your professor/s give you the list of books you need before you started? I attended an open day two weeks before I started, got all my books the day after, and was ready to go from day one.

whiskey'swino 15

Amazon is a much easier place to purchase textbooks and cheaper too! Campus bookstores are a rip off. I finished Grad school a fe years ago. For those condemning the OP for not buying early- for most schools it is best to wait until the first day to buy books because the reading lists change or certain "required" books are never used in class. I wasted hundreds buying early. I rather wait until the first day to purchase. That said, if the syllabus is available online and you saw the assignments due then yes the books should have been purchased earlier.

Comments

JubileeBee 31
bobsanction 18

Maybe you shouldn't have waited so long chuckles.

Why would you wait until school started to get your books? Aren't you supposed to have them beforehand?

So maybe discuss it with the professor? If you can't find the books then surely other people can't either.