By k.k. - 05/02/2017 14:00 - United States - Seymour

Today, I left 20 minutes early for school to get a good seat in class. I sat in traffic for 20 minutes before I even got on the thruway and for another 25 minutes once I got off the exit for school. Then I couldn't find parking at my university. I missed class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 930
You deserved it 803

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I had a class my last semester that was required for my degree that was only offered once a year. I was forced to hang out on campus from 10:30 until it started at 4:30, just because it was such a pain to try to leave and come back. I feel your pain.

And then you spent 20 minutes typing this FML. Sorry about your class.

Comments

Drink whiskey and call it a day. That's what I did!! Classes really didn't teach me much.

And then you spent 20 minutes typing this FML. Sorry about your class.

I had a class my last semester that was required for my degree that was only offered once a year. I was forced to hang out on campus from 10:30 until it started at 4:30, just because it was such a pain to try to leave and come back. I feel your pain.

You ought to change your major to Traffic Studies. Your adventure would be considered research.

ber4fun 23

Next time you'll leave earlier won't you?

tantanpanda 26

Aww, cry me a river. Some of us have to leave the house an hour and thirty minutes before our class. Missing a class isn't the end of the world, unless it was a test. Shrug it off and get notes from a friend.

And some people can't go to school at all! Shit man, just because you have it slightly worse doesn't mean it doesn't suck for him.

At my college, in some classes, once you have that first absence then every following absence drops your grade. Other classes give you two absences before you can't get an A.

CA7117 11

Aww that sucks! I hate getting traffic when going to school. I live an hour away but with traffic it turns to 2 hours. It sucks when you're driving for 2 hours and your teacher to say oh just study for next weeks test and then class is over

That happens to me more than it should, FYL. Both of us should start planning ahead a bit better though so I guess we kinda deserve it...

I lived 15 minutes away, unfortunately one accident and it easily turned into a 2 hour drive. God help you if it started raining or snowing.

While I've never missed class, I've been a minute or two late (and one time 20 minutes when someone died in an accident) from this. No traffic it takes me 20 minutes to get to school, so I give myself 40-50 minutes, but last week I was late twice because major construction shut down the only road to my school. It's tough because there's only so much earlier you can leave to prevent possible traffic from affecting you before it cuts into things like sleeping and homework.

dont worry man, ive done it 2 years streaght for my degree 3-6hrs early before class starts sometimes, just for a parking spot. its painful but worth it.