By kirstyrd - 12/08/2014 06:07 - United States - Germfask

Today, was the first day my grandma has seen me since I started going to tanning beds. She is now considering taking me out of her will because I look like "a damn Indian". FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 996
You deserved it 36 103

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lebeaugars95 20

Hmmm.....if you are looking that dark, you may want to lay off the tanning a bit. Sounds like you may be overdoing it.

Comments

Lebeaugars95 20

I wonder of she said "indian" or "injun."

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Well, I could be wrong... But, the phrase 'a damn Indian' does seem to sound racist.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

How does wanting to cut someone out of your will because they look indian not sound racist?

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

26: Okay, let's do an experiment. Would you consider it homophobic if the grandmother would've written OP out of the will for being homosexual? After all, they didn't explicitly state that homosexuality would be something bad. All the grandmother did was punish the OP for this specific thing. The only reason one could argue that it wasn't racist, is because humans only have one race, **** sapiens. Even then, this means nothing but semantics. The grandmother considers punishing OP for looking like an Indian, which is, in fact, a derogatory statement about people of such color.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

For the record, "homosapien" isn't a race, it's a species. Human beings belong to the mammalian species "homosapien" in the family Hominidae.

I know, it's just funny. Crazy shitty world we live in :( cant even sing bah bah black sheep anymore!

skittyskatbrat 19

#38, for current generations in their teens, 20s, 30s, that's probably the correct interpretation. Most of us, thankfully, don't automatically assume something is racist or say racist things spitefully. For someone who grew up in codified racism, like the grandma, it's probably racism.

If I didn't care at all I wouldn't upvote good videos on YouTube. I just happen to not care regarding fml votes or some other sites. But yes Master of Rhetorician I could have worded that different.

You know, there's a messaging service that would work wonders for you two, 43 & 46.

55, but then they wouldn't get to show us all how little they care by announcing it repeatedly, and we can't have that!

Maybe she thinks you have all that casino money

What if she meant the other Indians? The ones from India.

Hmmm.....if you are looking that dark, you may want to lay off the tanning a bit. Sounds like you may be overdoing it.

r_bruce69 19

YDI for using tanning beds. sorry about your grandma though

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

says the naturally tan kid.. you dont know what its like being white!!!

cjwayy 22

Tanning beds give you cancer.

1PersonIsMyWorld 22

so does tomatoes, talking on the phone, using certain shampoos, eating nuts... oh and breathing toxins!!