By Anonymous - 24/02/2017 12:00 - United States

Today, the unhealthiest person I know, weighing in at around 350 pounds told me she was now a vegan. I then told her the Cheese-Itz, as well as the leather boots she was wearing wasn't vegan. She said I was wrong. I'm a nutritionist. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 908
You deserved it 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

She probably doesn't want to be vegan, rather be able to tell people she's vegan. Let her live in her own fantasy world she's not hurting anyone but herself...

Viewerv 2

I know most vegans refrain from using leather because they are vegan for animal rights reasons. But if the person went vegan for health reasons, the boots wouldn't matter. I mean, presumably she doesn't eat her boots.

Comments

lemonlime66 21

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
talaswolf 20
talaswolf 20

If "Your leather boots/cheez-its aren't vegan" is humiliation, then what would you call "education?" FML for having to read your shitty comment.

lemonlime66 21

I wasn't talking about humiliating by correcting, I was talking about humiliating by fat shaming someone trying to better themselves. At the time I commented, this was in 'almost fmls' and it most certainly did not say FML. It was also edited in wording and grammer when it got to this section.

lemonlime66 21

I was not referring to the correcting, I was referring to the fat-shaming. There was no need to point out that she weighs 350 pounds to make the post, that was just mean for no reason. Also, when I originally commented, this was in 'almost fmls' and there most certainly was not an 'FML' at the end, but obviously that has since been changed.

shannon.elizabeth 13

shouldn't be a fat **** then, cause obviously eating cheese its is not "trying to better yourself"

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

She probably doesn't want to be vegan, rather be able to tell people she's vegan. Let her live in her own fantasy world she's not hurting anyone but herself...

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

I was talking about how she's 350lbs and eating unhealthy food.

I was talking about how she weighs 350lbs, announced she was vegan (assumably based on the mentioning of her weight she announced if for health reasons) and yet proceeded to eat unhealthy food. Also, self-righteous troll vegans like you ruin the vegan cause. Instead of taking in alternate points, you alienate everyone with your 'holier than thou' attitude. Really want to promote veganism? Healthy discussion in appropriate settings. Not FML. Case in point I have a salad here at work but instead I'm not going to go to the food hall and get a chicken, beef and pork burrito. All in YOUR honor. Not even hungry. You're welcome.

That's not much worse than the rest of us having to deal with the pretentious members of your peer group, who try to verbally harass people into becoming vegan or scream obscenities at us if we say we don't want to. It's kind of a two-way street, buddy. Side note, in case of conclusion-jumpers: No, I am not implying all vegans are like this. I've met many who are chill. They may not LIKE that some of their friends are not vegan, but they don't act like jerks about it. Those ones are fine. I'm cool with people doing whatever makes them happy, so long as they aren't dicks about it.

Viewerv 2

I know most vegans refrain from using leather because they are vegan for animal rights reasons. But if the person went vegan for health reasons, the boots wouldn't matter. I mean, presumably she doesn't eat her boots.

"People who are "vegan" for dietary reasons are not vegan, but they might be vegitarian."

Or maybe she purchases the boots pre-vegan & decided to continue wearing them? Throwing them away wouldn't bring back the animal's life, she may as well get use out of them.

I doubt there was that much of a thought process behind it

Sounds like she meant vegetarian. And when are we going to stop fat-shaming people?!

species4872 19

that's not fat shaming, the person in question is kept anonymous and op is only stating facts

It was tho because how much the person weighed had nothing to do with leather boots and cheeze its and not being able to understand veganism

How I read this: "This gal told me she's a vegan while eating cheese and wearing leather. Oh and BTW - she's super fat."

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If vegans don't eat any animal or animal byproduct what makes you think they'd be ok with wearing animal skin???

Probably because there is a difference between going vegan to lose weight and going vegan because animals are adorable and eating them isnt nice.

Vegan: "A person who does not eat or use animal products". If you wear leather, you are not a vegan.

You can be a Vegan for health reasons and not morality reasons. Most people do both, but not everyone. While I have friends who are Vegan who won't use products made with animals, I also have several who don't care. They were overweight and wanted to be healthier. Magician Penn Jillette is a good famous example of this. He read "Eat to live" went on a Vegan diet, lost over 100lbs, and will still use products made from animals.

Let her keeping thinking she is vegan until someone else calls her out on her shit.

LOL...My bf's mom claims to be as well, but apparently that doesn't apply to store bought cake. -_-

Being a nutritionist is meaningless: it's an unprotected term. Anyone can call themselves a nutritionist, so no place for you to call her out on not being a vegan. The protected term is dietician by the way.

You don't have to be a dietitian to know what a vegan is. Besides, it's not like he just randomly went up to her and started talking about her lifestyle. She told him that she's vegan and he pointed out her mistake.

The OP's profession is irrelevant ... the fact is the person being described is neither a vegan nor does she practice a vegan diet. That is a simple fact and does not require a registered dietician to be able to call her out on his misinformation.