By Trillian87 - 28/06/2013 10:28 - United Kingdom - Coventry

Today, the stalker flatmate who has been obsessed with me since I first moved into the flat two years ago, graduated. Apparently he told everyone we are an item, because his parents and relatives were smiling and taking pictures of me from their seats two rows ahead of mine at the ceremony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 128
You deserved it 3 071

Trillian87 tells us more.

This little story actually happened a little while ago, I had to use the "Today" form because of the page's standard, but at least I can tell you how it ends. I moved into the flat when I was barely 19, while the flatmate-stalker (also nicknamed The 28 Years Old Virgin) was seven years older than me. He started to be obsessed with me after we went to the cinema together (the other two flatmates were supposed to come with us but they didn't), and he got convinced we were on a date. I didn't move out because at the time I was quite naive and I was getting together well with everyone else, plus the flat was really close to my uni and relatively cheap, and I thought that he was about to graduate anyway. His parents, for the records, are creepier than him: his dad came to visit once and my roommate caught him opening our wardrobe and going through our clothes, about a month before this episode. After graduation he had to move out because his mum wasn't willing to pay for the rent anymore and found him a job (he wanted to stay a bit longer but fortunately didn't happen), and came to visit unannounced a few times. About one year after he sent me a text out of nowhere (I didn't speak with him for months) saying that it was over and he was sorry if he did something to make me want to break up with him, so I guess that at that point after imagining us dating and getting together I probably left him. I hear he's doing fine and got his first girlfriend.

Top comments

Either that, or the entire family is stalking you.

perdix 29

You should play along and not humiliate the poor devil in front of his family. A few years after the wedding, you should be able to leave in a way that keeps everyone's pride intact.

Comments

I know this will probably get disliked a lot, but I'm new to FML. What does OP stand for?

Original Poster, i.e. the one who created the post.

br00kr 22

It means owner or possessor i think I am new too

Dafuq? Well I hope with him graduating he moves away somewhere and leaves you alone, if not you might have to move somewhere else and just make sure he doesn't contact you. Good luck with the future!

Maybe S/He is gay and you are their cover.....

How can you sleep at night with a stalker in your flat?

sugarpoppaige 6
The_9th_Doctor 18

time to tell them the truth. just hope they don't come after you for "breaking" his heart and thinking your lieing.

I am willing to bet the reason your flatmates didn't join you at the cinema was due to him telling them not to.

Why didn't you move out?? Two years??