By Got_any_grapes1 - 11/04/2011 17:23 - United States

Today, the girl I was babysitting was being disrespectful to me, so I took away her stuffed animal and told her that she couldn't have it back until she apologized. She ended up sneaking onto my laptop and deleting all the pictures I'd saved from my recent vacation to Europe. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 386
You deserved it 20 229

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CateXOX 0

You shouldn't have left your laptop and babysitee unattended. It's your responsibility to watch what she's doing.

Comments

Randuhh_17 4

I've never met a little kid who knew how to delete pictures on a computer, intentionally. smart kid. the parents should be proud.

Miss_Jazzalyn 4

It might still be in OPs Recycling Bin. And even if it's not, there are ways to bring back a file from the Recycling Bin. When the file is deleted - from what I know, the file is still there, but the pointer to the file is deleted. OP needs to find some recovery software and it might work. On another note - that really does suck. Next time OP should back up important things in case it gets into the hands of people like that girl. Or just as a general practice.

Unfortunately, recovery software prices start at about $70, and there is none free anywhere, at all. :S. Which sucks unless you're rich or you really badly need the stuff.

skyeyez9 24

Its fmls like this one that makes me hate kids. Rotten little *****

Erindub 0

BACK YO SH*T UP, YO. Who does that? I know but still you shoukd have backed them up to an internet site or disk.

notquite69 0

You left your laptop with a little brat, who by the way was already being disrespectful, where you couldn't watch? You so deserve it.

I agree, I doubt a kid that requires a babysitter has the know how to TOTALLY delete the pictures from the comp even if they emptied the recycle bin.

I agree with this as well, It's the OP's fault that those pictures are now gone. Whenever I bring my laptop with me somewhere, it's stuck to me like an extra appendage. You can't trust most people.

pretty_in_pink94 6

Well is it was a recent holiday so chances are they were only recently uploaded and OP had not yet had time to back them up anyway! Moral of this story is, if a little kid bugs you, just chain it up, then all your problems are solved! (Just threaten them into saying they love you)

Elisabetha Aarron 18

With so many auto sync problems available not backing up stuff automatically is weird but not as weird as not locking your laptop while away to prevent stuff like this

chrijoh328 0

the kid was probably being disrespectful because she wanted some attention. an alternative path to the removal of her 'security blanket' (favourite stuffed toy) could have been to read her a book, put on a children's tv show and watch it with her, play hide and seek or some other game. kids generally misbehave because they're bored and want some attention. why would you want to fight a kid? just give her a bit of attention. if you can't do that, you suck as a baby-sitter.