By alyssuhh526 - 17/07/2013 21:51 - United States - Channelview

Today, the family I live with decided that beer is a more important purchase than the things we need, such as detergent, soap, and toilet paper, just to name a few things. Apparently, paper towels should suffice. FML
I agree, your life sucks 39 882
You deserved it 3 477

alyssuhh526 tells us more.

alyssuhh526 1

I appreciate you guy's concerns, but really I am fine. I do live with a foster family and they are the sweetest. I'm not in danger or anything of that nature. They give me clean clothes and a comfy bed to sleep in, and three meals a day. I turn 16 in a few weeks so I'll be getting a job at a local grocery. And no they are not "rednecks," they are just great Mid Westerners. It was nothing worth getting anyone in trouble about. Again, thanks guys!

Top comments

popaacxx 10

It's funny how OP replies saying how everything is fine and dandy, but their original post made the people s/he was living with seem like bad people. Someone who rather spend money alcohol instead of necessities for the house does not seem pretty 'good' to me.

Maybe if you drink enough beer the paper towels will look like toilet paper?

Comments

Too many people claim that alcoholism is a disease...it's not, (cirrhosis of the liver, due to drinking is) & it's a decision that becomes a habit & then an addiction. Sounds like your "family" NEED an intervention....don't brush it under the rug & excuse this behavior &/or make excuses for them (that's called enabling)...do the right thing & report it, then get yourself out of your current bad situation into making a better life for yourself w/out alcohol addicts (who obviously don't deserve the chance to ruin your life along with their own)

A clogged toilet is more expensive than pack of asswipe. They're not too bright are they?

I met some ungrateful foreign exchange students. Real asshats, so maybe it's intentional

surfergirl72 7

Is it just you or are there other children in the home? I can appreciate not wanting to upset the boat and risk loosing your home, but alcohol and not having necessities is not a loving, supportive, mature home. If its a state approved foster home, they are compensated by your being there and should shape the hell up. You deserve better, Kiddo.

Welcome to the life of an enlisted man