By Itsnotmeitsyou - 11/10/2013 06:09 - Australia

Today, the creepy regular customer found out I was lying about having a boyfriend in order to keep him away. He now thinks this is me playing hard to get. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 993
You deserved it 5 094

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just tell him youre not interested. It might be harsh but it's actually the nicest way to go about it

Well, maybe you should just stop playing hard to get, and go out with me. HIM!! I meant him! It's not me..... DEFINITELY not me..... (runs)

Comments

hazardmuffin 21

This is why women need to stop using "I have a boyfriend" as an easy-out excuse to get men to leave them alone. The message it sends is not "I'm not interested," it's "I would be interested if only I wasn't already with someone." Just be honest. Tell him you're not interested.

SayPeanuts 29

I think saying you have a boyfriend sends the message "I'm not available", which is the same as "I'm not interested", any guy who continues hitting on a woman after finding out she's in a relationship is a dick.

It's actually not an easy-out excuse. Most women will have encountered men who will not take no for an answer and/or get extremely aggressive when rejected outright. Sadly men seem to more readily accept it when they believe a woman is another man's "property", so that's your best bet for being left alone in safety. It shouldn't have to be like that.

squideth 18

Maybe women wouldn't have to say these things if some men would actually take "no" for an answer. There are some men out there who harass women to the point that lying is the only way to get them to go away.

Obezyanka12 6

This reminds me of the time in college where this mexican guy cornered me? flirting with me until he then asked me out, he didn't believe me when I said I had a boyfriend. So he kept flirting and such, not taking no for an answer. I made an excuse that I left something in the classroom and left. Went outside 5-10 minutes checking if my ride was there yet, my ride wasn't and neither was the guy. I stood out there and waited, he came back and asked me. "Do you not like me because I'm mexican?" .... Carried pepperspray after that.

Best way to handle this is to get the manager to stand next to you (this is so he can't complain that you did something which you didn't) and tell him you aren't remotely interested. From then on you need to trade his table with another waitress so you don't have to deal with him anymore.

JaneDoe1024 6

the manager should ask him to leave and not return. he is clearly a burdeon to you and is affecting your work. he could even be a stalker!

TrinityNevada 11

YDI for lying to him and I'm sure I'll get flamed for it, but you probably led him on at least a little. And complaining to your manager MAY get him kicked out, but it may not. I had a co worker complain about a guy who was showing up every day and harrassing her and they solved the problem by letting HER go. The guy just smirked when he came in and heard she got shit-canned. Of course, at that time, she was getting a LOT of complaints because she smelled like weed, or she was running her mouth too much, or she was late coming in ... she'd gotten away with it for too long and the guy who "harrassed" her was the one to point a lot of these things out to management. Huh, no wonder she wanted him gone.

unixdude 9

My term for people like that is a Reggie. It's shot for registered sex offender but my friends and I use the term Reggie broadly

I've always gone with Chester. As in: Stop acting like Chester the molester and maybe people will stop reaching for the pepper spray when you walk in.

If you can change your shift and if anyone asks they could say our quit...saying you are not interested might not work...

Well you are playing hard to get, you just never expect him to get you

trav_o 8