By HeatherFeatherB - 05/01/2016 03:27 - United States - Mundelein

Today, one of my customers told me he was going to kill himself when I explained to him that I wasn't going to be able to deliver him the gallon of milk he wanted. I work in a pharmacy, dispensing medication. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 828
You deserved it 1 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people take suicide too lightly when they use it as a form of blackmail OP. I'm sure he won't and if he does you wouldn't be to blame!

I'm pretty sure he said that just so he could get his gallon of milk. Doubt he would've committed suicide though.

Comments

Well it looks like he was already at the store

graceinsheepwear 33

That's when you have the police check on him. If he needs help, he'll get it, and if he needs his bluff called, that'll happen instead. He needs to learn not to play with a medical professional, if that's what he was doing.

As a pharmacist, it becomes your duty to talk them out of it... It's hard work. Hope the situation turned out for the better.

It absolutely is not their responsibility. They are not psychiatric professionals.

Some places make it your responsibility... Like at first pharmacists only sold and advised drugs, now they're giving multiple shots, and CVS is now slowly converting into a clinic+grocery store

I get that. Really. But to offer psych evals when they are not trained falls outside of their scope of practice and they could lose their license. That's why you call the police, and the police will take them to the hospital- to be evaluated by psych docs... It used to happen all the time at the group home I worked for...

TweetAnne 13

Maybe your store can get bigger tubes installed at the drive thru so you can pass their meds and milk. Jk he's demented crying over milk.

Since when does a pharmacy have a drive through?

False_Stupidity, here in the US, Walgreen's Rx has typically 2 drive-thru lanes per bldg for you to pick up your meds.

schreibergx93 19

He just really wanted his milk....

mds9986 24

Is your customer the guy who also asked for the breast milk a few years ago?

ArmchairAnalyst 9

So what's the problem? If he kills himself, you won't have to deal with him anymore. Win win. Encourage him.

Never "encourage" someone into committing suicide. You disgust me.