By HeatherFeatherB - 05/01/2016 03:27 - United States - Mundelein

Today, one of my customers told me he was going to kill himself when I explained to him that I wasn't going to be able to deliver him the gallon of milk he wanted. I work in a pharmacy, dispensing medication. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 827
You deserved it 1 272

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Some people take suicide too lightly when they use it as a form of blackmail OP. I'm sure he won't and if he does you wouldn't be to blame!

I'm pretty sure he said that just so he could get his gallon of milk. Doubt he would've committed suicide though.

Comments

what a moron. i hope he does neck himself. One less stupid person to worry about breeding.

Some people take suicide too lightly when they use it as a form of blackmail OP. I'm sure he won't and if he does you wouldn't be to blame!

I'm pretty sure he said that just so he could get his gallon of milk. Doubt he would've committed suicide though.

Even so, anyone remotely connected to a medical position (or a position of authority such as teacher and such) *has* to take suicide threats seriously. It sucks because of situations where it seems like the person is obviously faking it to get their way, but I would rather ten entitled people get undue treatment than let one genuinely suicidal person slip through the cracks.

They won't really get undue treatment. In my line of work, I have spent copious amounts of time in the intake section of the emergency psych unit. Mainly you sit for hours and hours, then you speak to a nurse who takes your vitals, as well as you belt, shoelaces, tie, and other things that could harm you. Then you wait some more. Eventually you see a psychiatrist and they ask you if you want to hurt yourself, or others. When you say no- they let you go. In my ten years- I have only ever had 1 person actually stay from an emergency visit. Everyone else was sent home...

ArmchairAnalyst 9

I agree. Let the problem take care of itself.

BloodyGlass 10

"Sir, you need help if you are going to kill yourself over a gallon of milk." :)

koganti 18

go go go...deliver him what he needed ...hurry up,op :P

What an utterly absurd request , I hope you told him to Mooove along.

ColonelCusswords 24

Well ******* shit bro what if he was trying to make some scrumptious biscuits, or get a nice boost on his calcium levels. You probably just pissed all over his day. If you were trying to hurt the guy why didn't you just bunch his balls into dust and blow me into the wind. But no, you had to go over the line and deny him his ******* milk you heartless chud.