By sheldon103 - 16/05/2015 17:18 - United States - Dayton

Today, not thinking and being pissed off, I threw my phone in the car, making a decent sized crack in the windshield. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 490
You deserved it 31 938

sheldon103 tells us more.

sheldon103 4

I actually didn't throw it that hard, it bounced off the dash

Top comments

A07 48

I don't think I'd ever be pissed off enough to throw my phone, mind following up OP?

Comments

Should have read the other comments first, someone beat me to mine... Must have been a Nokia to do that kind of damage.

MattStro 23

Pretty sure that's a fail on your part, throwing your phone because you're pissed is an awful way of calming down.

Maybe you should see someone about that anger op...

When I'm angry my phone or laptop is the last thing I'd ever endanger cause I know it would only make me a lot angrier if something happened to either.

when someone is pissed,and they throw objects, they will try to throw anything as hard as they can.

sheldon103 4

I actually didn't throw it that hard, it bounced off the dash

Shit happens when we're angry. it could have happened to anyone who lost their temper. Hopefully you're able to fix it ?

I don't think so. If it was, there would've been a decent sized crack in earth.

...i still think your phone was too valuable to be thrown. next time try taking deep breaths to calm yourself down before doing anything ?

I'm pretty sure the phone was cheaper than the cost of replacing a windshield, but now OP probably has to replace both.

depending on how cracked it is, OP could just get the crack filled in

Actually since the crack is on the inside of the windshield, the entire windshield has to be replaced. Crack fillers won't do the job. That's only for outside small cracks.

In some states, damaged windshields are considered enough of a danger that if taken in for repair, they will be replaced for free. I never knew this until I moved to Kentucky and it came up in some random conversation. Not sure if the same goes for Ohio. I used to live there, but I got the hell out of there quick.

Emmaleigh6692 7

I think whoever told you that was mistaken. If you have car insurance, windshield replacement typically has no deductible but it's not "free".

sunny354wi 8

Sheldon..that level of rage can cause you great harm man!

Must have a Nokia if your phone didn't break...