By kris - 25/04/2014 15:40 - United States - Upland

Today, not even a week after I was laid off from my job, I got a call from my old boss. He offered me a "new" job at the company, which turned out to be just like my old one, but with drastically reduced pay. I'm so broke and desperate that I accepted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 663
You deserved it 4 323

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry :) just take it for now and look for new opportunities and then make a dramatic exit when you find a better place

Comments

At least it's not McDonalds or minimum wage. Be greatful

really annoys me when people think mcdonalds is a terrible place to work. i've worked there going on six years, have always been paid more than people my age in similar jobs and its really not that bad.

And you hang on to that, while you find a new job. When you do find a new job, leave them when they really need you.

Employers are sneaky and will do anything to rip their staff off. I hope you find a better paying job so you can quit working for your cheap ass current employer.

Understandable you took the job bug that sounds illegal. I'd contact an attorney who does Consultations for free. If it's legal he's still an ass with no soul or conscious, get a new job and quit without any notice as soon as possible. Leave in the middle of the workday and just leave a voice mail.

In South Africa it is illegal. Many people from USA say it is also illegal. If you have a ombudsman of sorts, as them to assist to fight them in court.

If nothing else to get you by until you find something else.

MrZsDad 19

Time to mail his wife some used panties off eBay.

Oh man, that really does suck! Hope you're able to look for something else in the meantime and get the pay you deserve!

bleu85 11

Good luck with your job hunt.