By hawkwardd - 12/09/2013 07:42 - Australia

Today, my workplace was having a "prices are down" promotion. I had to wear a badge that said, "Down and staying down" all day, opening myself up to a lot of weirdos winking at me or saying, "Oh yeah, I bet you are". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 832
You deserved it 3 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not the best choice of words, or did your boss choose them purposely?

Looks like that went south pretty quickly.

Comments

Not the best choice of words, or did your boss choose them purposely?

\ 28

Nothing says "innovation" quite like a woman in the workplace. Dirty bosses...

ViRepz 28

#1 the slogan is across all the Coles supermarket stores.

It's Coles, a supermarket in Australia. They have a song with those words on the ads, the ads are terrible, they make me want to rip my eyes and eardrums out. They barely have anything in their shops, once I went (only because I was forced to) and they didn't have strawberries. Op deserves it for working at Coles! Okay maybe that's a bit harsh but seriously, they are the worst.

Haha, Coles. Too many dirty bastards in Australia haha. Atleast they aren't making you wear a foam finger like Miley Cyrus.

Actually, in some of the advertisements they are wearing foam fingers.

I hate those ads. The audio plays every time I go into Coles too. I feel sorry for the OP.

I work for Coles' bottle shop and I can hear that bloody song through the walls seeing as we are on the side of one >.>

xxBFMVAAMIWxx 18

What's was the band they had in for the ad? I can never remember

\ 28

I think that deserves a raise. Or a "pay hike," for the morally impaired

sure, what better time for a raise than when the income decreases permanently -.-

Overused. Wasn't amusing the first time either.

44- Harsh much? That was the first time someone said that, in what way is it overused

Obey_StudBoii 23

#55 Overused as in OP heard enough of it all day.

Down down, prices are down! That ad gives me the *****. Unlucky OP

My brother hates that ad (so do I, but he hates it more) so I got a heap of those cardboard red finger things they have and hid them all around his house, car and even snuck a couple into his work!!

#56 if you want to scar him for life then show him the pic of Miley Cyrus with the Coles Foam hand. .-.

That jokes horrible, I feel bad for you. Bright side is it's not an everyday thing.

Actually for someone who works at Coles it's going to happen pretty much every day unfortunately.

And that promotion has been going for over a year now.

MEM0817 18

#7 actually had it right #20. OP is from Australia and that's one of their stores there.

I could say it was sarcasm and that none of you understood my joke, but that would be a lie. I'm going to have to read up on stores in Australia so I don't make this mistake again.

Think about it this way, at least you didn't have to sing while wearing a big red pointing hand.

People who aren't from Australia have no idea what you're talking about. I upvoted you but I think you might get a lot more down votes again.

34 is right, I was actually referring to the terrible ads where all of the employees suddenly put on big red pointing hands and start singing, and yes, anyone not from Australia probably wouldn't get it. But in-jokes and nationalism are both fun things to do aren't they?

Did your job make sales? If so, looks like a semi sale is in your near future. :P