By hawkwardd - 12/09/2013 07:42 - Australia

Today, my workplace was having a "prices are down" promotion. I had to wear a badge that said, "Down and staying down" all day, opening myself up to a lot of weirdos winking at me or saying, "Oh yeah, I bet you are". FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 832
You deserved it 3 235

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not the best choice of words, or did your boss choose them purposely?

Looks like that went south pretty quickly.

Comments

Well you could try working for the "fresh food people". Coles I think are still better than woolies.

"What a coincedence mine's up and staying up, if you know what I mean" *wink* *wink* *grin*

#19 If yours is up up up, I hope it's in _______ cuz you surely are not getting any to get it down.

your boss didn't see anything wrong there?

It's a huge national company, they don't care about their minimum wage cashiers.

jw90 18

Almost as bad as my college bands quote on the back of their shirts. "If you don't suck it, you may as well blow it." Or some dumbass thing like that anyway.

perdix 29

You'd think in a country called "Down Under" that "going down" puns would have gotten quite stale. The residents of Bumfuck, Egypt certainly don't find jokes about their locale amusing.

Nor do those of *******, Austria, at least not after years of repeated theft of the traffic signs!

perdix 29

#46, I've always wanted to go there, but the travel agents always hang up when I tell them, "I want to go on a ******* vacation."

You want to ask for Amsterdam then if you want a "*******" vacation.

This makes me even happier that i don't work at Coles anymore. Working there was bad enough without having to deal with that.

How is this not sexual harassment? Surely, the employer had to know that the employee would have to deal with this.

if it's a big chain store them the op's boss wouldn't have much say. It would be the CEO and people up top that would and they clearly didn't think it through, or they are just jerks...

Wow, I cannot find the words to express how gross that must be. How can a company think that's ok? That is the image they want to promote? If you can get another job without too many losses on your part, I'd get out of there OP.

Huge national company, they don't give a shit about anyone.

Well, of course they don't, but I'm surprised there wasn't some kind of uproar from some workers rights group long before now.