By authentic - 18/02/2009 23:20 - United States

Today, my tattoo artist boyfriend of five months gave me my first tattoo in celebration of my 18th birthday. It was supposed to be a heart with my name in script. He spelled my name wrong. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 859
You deserved it 17 428

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fucked4Life 0

I agree with #4, thats some sort of ego when you get your own name tattooed on your arm.

mikeyellenlee 0

Why would you get your name tattooed on you? Just in case you forget it? And if you're boyfriend doesn't know how to spell your name after five months, then you should get rid of him. Wow, get some sense.

Comments

With all due respect, it's "spelt." A bit of hypocrisy when you're going on about a guy spelling your name incorrectly, then you use the wrong word. Just my view.

Mikex125 7

your dumb, hes talking in present tense hence the change not changed. spell is right.

Actually, OP lives in America where instead of "spelt" they use "spelled".

Were you going to forget it without it tattooed on you?

MassiveAttack_fml 0

I work at the front desk of a college dorm. One night, some drunk girl wanted to write my name on the chalkboard. She asked me if Dan has one N or two.

I'm just wondering where people are getting that he freehanded the tattoo on her. NOWHERE in her story does it say he freehanded it.

#53, this is not a place to express your opinions about grammar. Comment on the story or don't comment at all.

#45 Both 'spelled' and 'spelt' are correct. Spelt is more common in Britain. 'Spelled' is the regular form and 'spelt' is the irregular form. Spell is just an irregular verb to begin with. Google it. http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/irregular-verbs/spell.html In my opinion, I actually think 'spelt' sounds really ignorant, kind of like, 'learnt' and 'spoilt.' Sounds like something a very uneducated person would say, "I ain't never learnt nothin' in school. I spelt my name right, though." But then again, it all depends on where you live. Spelled sounds ignorant in Britain whereas spelt sounds ignorant in America. Albeit, some words like 'knelt' sounds better over 'kneeled' and 'leapt' over 'leaped.' (My browser actually underlines 'kneeled' and 'leapt' in red for being spelled incorrectly/not words, haha. #52. You used 'spelled' in a completely different tense, which IS incorrect. "He didn't spelled," and "He spelled" are different usages of the word spell, one is (trying) to be used as past tense and one is correctly using the past participle in the past perfect tense.

well you spelt "spelled" wrong.so you deserved it.ahah

icecremex3 0
choppedNskrewed 0

LOL all these commenters are very very picky about spelling.....CHILL! oh, and it sucks that he didn't spell your name correctly :p

Jesus, stop bashing other people for making spelling and grammar mistakes. You're supposed to comment on the FML.