By Anonymous - 22/03/2016 21:17 - United States - Fremont

Today, my son's teacher asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up. He put down "unemployed". FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 113
You deserved it 2 086

Same thing different taste

Top comments

See, they need to teach kids the difference between unemployed and retired. Because who doesn't want to retire and live life instead of working

FilleNoir 21

Well he's not too far off. People live off the government for their whole lives. Hopefully he doesn't become that when he gets older though and just doesn't know better.

Comments

Comments like this make me worry for the next generation

He's got his mind made up, so he's ahead of college students.

Living off of the government is not a career option.

andrmac 25

Come to Massachusetts it's a great option paying approximately 50,000 in benefits per person. This includes food stamps(more than twice what I pay for groceries), welfare cash benefits, housing, insurance, phone and transportation assistance.

People that do that are truly the scum of this planet.

16, are you serious? Every governmental program that is, you must be financially eligible for, meaning you must be at fantastically under poverty level. You don't just roll up to the DHS and get all the assistance. Most states have conditions on the length of assistance and amount of assistance a person can get, and usually have to be involved in job works for it. 50000 per person? you must be out of your goddamn mind.

andrmac 25

#19 I didn't say I was on any of these programs. I'm not and not even close to qualifying. However I do read and there was an article that said the largest payouts by state which is why I know the dollar amount for my own very liberal state. I also worked in areas with low/no income people so you get to know what services are offered though them. Many deserve to use the services and many abuse the services offered here. And it's funny how no one seems to get the sarcasm on here which is what the 1st sentence was, but if I put (sarcastic) after it the entire FML community would take me over the coals for thinking they were idiots.

Well with how we are at the moment, at least it's a possible goal!

If he's under the age of 12 then this is hilarious if he's older than the age of 12 then he needs to start thinking about his career.

He'll grow up to vote for Bernie Sanders for sure!

Sounds like you are a Sanders supporter. Great example you are setting.

where do you even get that ? jumping to conclusions , much ?

tkaak 3