By ohgosh - 12/10/2009 05:27 - Canada

Today, my son lost his pet rat, Charlie. Whilst vacuuming under my couch, the vacuum suddenly shut off. Something was stuck in it, so I took it apart. Something was inside, so I leaned in closer to get a better look. Bad news? I need a new vacuum. Good news? I found Charlie. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 689
You deserved it 4 588

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uh-oh. How are you gonna tell your son? If he's really young, you can just repleace Charlie with Charlie the 2nd, without him ever knowing. Otherwise, you have to tell him and he'll probably hate you for years and yeaaars. FYL. Or better yet; FCL.

ChronicFAIL 0

Tell your son, "Uhmm...he was like that when I found him." Works every time :)

Comments

man this really SUCKS = 

Zoomin24 0

how the hell does a rat get stuck in a vaccum...? theyre way too big

Ladypartslegit 0

fyl that's an unfortunate mistake. but it was a mistake people. get over it.

FlaminYawn 0

I've been seeing the word "whilst" on here a lot, is that accurate? It probably is, I've just always used "while" because "whilst" sounds retarded in front of any word. Regardless, I'm still using "while"...

It's the British way of saying 'while.' The poster isn't in the US.

Who vacuums knowing that a rat is loose? YDI moron.

Poor Charlie! He took his final journey on the Habitrail to Hell. The question is: was he still edible?

Sorry, Charlie. StarKist isn't looking for rats with good taste, they're looking for rats that taste good. I know what you are talking about, DHD, when you get mixed fajitas at a Mexican restaurant, there are always a few smallish, grey ones that are always suspicious.

I call BS. I own rats and I assure you that your kid's rat is no different than the rest in fleeing from loud startling sounds. If he didn't run, then he was already dead. To Flamin... whilst is an English term. Unless you're in elementary school, then maybe you should supplement your education because whatever you have now is failing you.

smartalek 2

While you are right, he may have already been hiding. and had nowhere to go?

Irb081 is correct. Whilst is an English term, though it is generally not used by the general population. It is more proper or 'old' than most prefer to use. Think along the lines of Shakespearean language and writing. I do wonder how you don't know this if you have read Shakespeare, and from what I know, most schools make you read a Shakespearean play or sonnet at some point. FY son's life because his rat died, but YDI for vaccuming with a rat loose. Some rats are stupid enough to not run, or can't find a way, to run from a vacuum. If this is true, exactly as the OP says, Charlie was a very dumb rat. It is sort of FYL because you have to tell your son about Charlie. I really wouldn't mention the vacuum incident though.

I am calling FAKE/BS on this one. As a former rat owner (I've owned probably six at one point or another).. They are entirely way too big to be sucked up into the vacuum. It just wouldn't happen. Plus rats are very social and (actually) pretty smart pets. They would more than likely be wandering around than hiding. Those suckers (no pun intended) can become huge...

smartalek 2

i've owned over 20. and im 13.

drsmartassMD 0

YDI...and the next time you post a FML write it like you're writing to adults and not nickelodeon...i think i fell asleep after i read "whilst vaccuming under my couch" seeing that i already knew what was coming..then again you may HAVE to write like that for people like Irb081 who are reading and havent developed an adult vocabulary yet