By Anonymous - 13/04/2015 15:23 - United Kingdom - Manchester

Today, my son invited me to his first standup comedy gig. I accepted, only to later suffer through an hour of the worst jokes I've heard in my entire life. It was so bad, he made Dane Cook look like a comic genius, and I had to resist heckling him. Hours later, I still feel vaguely suicidal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 924
You deserved it 6 037

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MxAxRxCxO 30

Imagine his confidence when he stumbles across this FML

You should be supportive of your son no matter how bad his actions are. Confidence is key.

Comments

Maybe he isn't bad, maybe it just isn't the type of humor that is for you. How did the audience react? Was there laughter or silence or booing. Not everyone has the same tastes. You can be supportive even if his comedy isn't your taste. If the audience also didn't like him, you can maybe offer to get him improve classes or something to help him learn new techniques.

I wonder who reproduced him.. oh wait, it was ur seed and last time I heard, karma gets u.. haha jk.. i wish rather u supported him and helped him in a constructive way.. one needs guts to do a stand up comedy and u definitely cant

Wait, he had a whole hour of material? Maybe you could write some jokes for him. You know, support his life, versus life support.

perhaps instead you should have your son try his hand at karate, the Dane Cook of martial arts. ps. your son can't be THAT bad if he got an hour long gig. it doesn't sound like it was a 15 minute open mic type deal. clearly there's some people find him funny if there's any solace in that.

Most intelligent comment I've read in ages!

This was a funny FML until you said his jokes wanted to make you commit suicide. Not cool, suicide is nothing joke about or talk about so lightly.

I must agree with you about the suicide part. Suicide is not a funny joke nor something to take very lightly at all. There are alot of people left and right who literally take the way out by hurting them or another person.

You're the parent, it's not like you can't be honest with him. Save him the embarrassment he'll inevitably face down the road.

This is really harsh, no matter how bad your son was. I'm relieved you managed to resist heckling your own kid. Try to let him down easy...