By BlueBaronBitch - 24/06/2016 14:59 - United States - Dayton

Today, my sister played a prank by pretending to break into my house. I ended up nailing her in the chest with my baseball bat. Now all of my family is bitching and wants me to pay the medical bills. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 657
You deserved it 1 355

BlueBaronBitch tells us more.

Hey guys, OP here, really glad that this was my first FML to be published :) I guess I should fill in the plot holes here, yes the house was dark, she came through my porch door and through the dining room, which the creaking in the floor (as my dining room floor is known to be obnoxiously creaky) is what alerted me to think of an intruder. I was in my room on the second floor and there is a wall blocking my vision of the dining room once I get down, so when I got down I peeked the corner and just went at it at the human-ish form. Ended up fracturing one of her ribs, would have been worse if my boyfriend was home and he was the one doing the hitting. Family thinks I'm responsible because "I should have recognized it was my sister" but sorry if I hear someone breaking into my house I'm not going to sit down and have a nice chat and tea before deciding to do something. My family was in on it, and they're still trying to get me to pay, but I'm not budging on the fact that I was just trying to defend myself. Hope I explained it pretty well, thanks to everyone who helped get this published :)

Top comments

Shit. If she broke into your house (or you thought she did), and you thought she was an intruder than you have the right to protect yourself. Maybe she should've thought it through on her part

"Let me prank them by pretending I'm either a thief or someone who could seriously hurt them! Nothing could possibly go wrong!" - OP's sister probably.

Comments

This is similar to one of the many scams I use in rotation. I'll break into somebody's house to rob them and pretend I'm just playing a prank if they catch me. Alternatively, if my crew comes with me, one member brings a cake. If all goes to plan, we leave the place empty. If we're caught, we present the cake and yell, "Surprise! We got you… all your stuff!" It really helps to rob people on their birthdays.

I'm not sure if I should like this or dislike it.

Allornone 35

When it comes to Tripartita, it's best to err on the side of like. He's a mad genius, that one.

Wow it's definitely not your fault for trying to protect yourself and your home..

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

If it was dark or she surprised him it would be easy not to notice who it was.

Knowing someone is breaking into your home, you don't have the luxury to pause everything, turn a light on to see who it is, then unpause. Hesitation kills and if it was a true invader, hesitating to turn on a light can be lethal.

Also, if OP heard the "intruder" and hid around a door way, you can't see around corners, when you get a glimpse of the intruder, you strike. You don't see their face .

Stiggy626 25

Yeah it's pretty easy to see in the dark

Stiggy626 25

Yeah it's pretty easy to see in the dark

FYL for having a sister stupid enough to do that op.

Donut_Wizard 23

She's lucky she didn't get a worse injury. Many home owners have guns for self defense.

dubby21 19

She deserved it. Who the hell decides to pretend to break into a house? Thats her karma. Dont pay the bills.

How do you pretend to break into a house?

bobsanction 18

How the hell is that a prank?

"Today, I tried to prank my brother by pretending to break into his house. He hit me in the chest with a baseball bat. He refuses to pay my medical bills. FML."

What kind of ******* joke is that? She deserved it. You never go that far and not expect karma to hit you back

Maybe she didn't expect it to hit her back quite so quickly.