By Anonymous - 29/07/2015 12:04 - United States - Camden

Today, my sister and I were planning a trip to get away from things and visit some faraway friends. My dad then decided to insert himself into our plans. He got mad when we said no, and couldn't understand why we wanted to go by ourselves. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 785
You deserved it 2 557

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Although he might've just wanted to spend some quality time, he should also have respected the possibility they may just want to spend some time together when he was told no. Assuming it was a respectful no.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Don't know what incest has to do with this topic. Just a dad that wants to spend Some qualitytime with his children. Downvote!

#19 I think he was referring to the brother and sister. But, c'mon dude. You need help if 'incest' was your first assumption.

TeddysWoman4Ever 10

It kind of sucks that you wouldn't let you dad go but, if you live with him I'd understand not wanting him to tag along.

wickedhyype 17

This isn't an FML, it's just regular old drama... Dads do that kind of thing.

My boyfriend's mom just tried to do this, luckily she wasn't able to so we never had to say anything. We were going on our first vacation as a couple, I have no idea why she thought we'd want her to come along.

countryb_cth 38

Thankfully she wasn't able to come. That would have made things so awkward.

No matter his intentions, you can't just demand to be able to join other people's plans. You ask, then accept the answer. Even good intentions does not make up for a crappy behaviour. If he, as some have said, might have wanted quality time with his daughters, he should plan a trip WITH them, not hijack their trip and possibly ruin what they have planned. You can't just throw in another person and expect it to be the same trip.

My dad is kind of the same way. He's a sensitive and protective man who I'm happy to have as a parent, but everyone deserves a brake from anyone at times.

Sounds like my dad, lol. But he is just trying to make sure you are safe.