By Anonymous - 23/01/2013 18:03 - United States

Today, my school's theatre decided to produce Les Misérables. I got the part of Éponine. My boyfriend, being a talented performer, could have gotten any part he wanted. However, he only wanted to play the soldier responsible for killing Éponine. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 300
You deserved it 5 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think he's trying to tell you something...

Les not be so Misérable about it. Maybe he thought it would be funny.

Comments

TheManager 6

If you can't be bothered to follow basic rules, then we can't be bothered to take you seriously.

Rome and Juliet meets the French Revolution

Way to spoil the play for me before I got to watch it :(

Sammitheshit 10

There's no such part. While, in the movie, Éponine is shot on screen while trying to save Marius, in the (quite different on this point) stage version of the musical, she is shot offstage, then collapses after climbing over the barricade to tell Marius she has delivered his message to Cosette.

Trix_Disorder 20

Yeah, I was waiting to see if there was anyone else who noticed this. Can't really specifically cast for "Soilder #5."

80, 114 - THANK YOU. So many people here seem to have seen the musical, I was wondering why none of them caught this. It segues from "Little People" right into her death : Only thing I can think is, maybe she got the role and then told her boyfriend about it, and he's only seen the movie so he assumed the soldier is in the stage production as well?

I think I know how this relationship is gonna end

Til' death do you... get broken up with. Be careful OP.

madgrinchhatter 12

He should have been Marius. She's in love with Marius, but he spends the whole play ignoring her in love with Cosette. She dies halfway through and Marius marries Cosette. The Soldier who shoots her isn't even a part in the play. It's only in the movie. If he's really a talented performer, he'd be wasting his talent on a random part.