By roommateprobssss:( - 11/12/2012 15:57 - United States

Today, my roommate pressed "snooze" on his alarm 14 times. I counted. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 271
You deserved it 2 633

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Hiimhaileypotter 52

You should've poured ice water on him. Cliché, but effective.

Comments

saderboi41 10

That's over two hours of snoozing (approx. 126 minutes). Apparently he's got enough energy to hit the snooze button, but not enough to hit the off switch. That's pitiful.

It amazes me how quickly I'm able to fall back asleep between the snooze alarms (9 minutes). Three times is my routine of hitting the button. But 14 times? Wow that's over 2 hours of interrupted sleep! Kick his ass!

That alarm clock would mysteriously end up broken.

crazytwinsmom 25

Lots of creative ideas here, thanks! I've been dealing with this type of thing for almost 20 years with my husband. And they wonder why they are stressed too, interrupted sleep is bad for everyone.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Lol this sounds like something I'd do and I'm a deep sleeper. Anyways just get a bucket of cold water and pour it on him.

pikmini 4

I had a room mate who once hit snooze 23 consecutive times one morning/afternoon.

How did OP deserve this? Omg people annoy me

knoxxx 22

Try to communicate with your roommate, OP, he may just be oblivious to the fact that this is really bothering you (as ridiculous as that seems to those of with common courtesy, it's very possible and sadly common). The more you keep issues to yourself, the more you'll resent each other. Retaliation will just keep building up and you'll both start to intentionally piss each other off. When you bring it up, ask him if he has anything he wants to bring up that's been annoying him, so he doesn't feel like you're just accusing him of being a bad roommate. And I realize talking to people isn't always easy or something you want to do, and often their behavior won't change, but at least you'll both be aware of how your actions affect each other.

It's only an alarm clock, not a crack addiction. Do people really need this much counseling to tell someone to shut up?

knoxxx 22

Clearly, since he let his roommate hit his snooze alarm 14 times without saying anything and probably still hasn't said anything.

Who has time to count how many times someone presses the snooze button? Do you have a little OCD problem there or are you just obsessed by your roommate's every movement?

When you are being awakened over and over again to an alarm, you start counting the number of times it goes off.