By regrettably well rested - 14/05/2017 16:00 - United States - Clearfield

Today, I set 3 alarms so I wouldn't miss an early morning event I was volunteering at. After I slept through the first one, my roommate turned the other two off without waking me up because they were annoying. I missed the event. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 438
You deserved it 1 963

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Your roommate is an idiot. Wouldn't a cranky you be a lot more annoying than your alarms? Had they woken you and got you out of the door, they might have had a few hours of peace.

The alarms were the back up plan Sherlock

Comments

Your roommate is an idiot. Wouldn't a cranky you be a lot more annoying than your alarms? Had they woken you and got you out of the door, they might have had a few hours of peace.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The alarms were the back up plan Sherlock

their roommate is obviously a mindless asshole like yourself.

Roommate of the year... did the thought that maybe there were three alarms set for a reason not cross his mind? ?

FY roommate's L! That's got to be as annoying AF to have a roommate who has slept through alarms enough times that you set multiple ones. Just because you sleep through them doesn't mean he or she can. Have enough consideration to come up with a way of getting yourself up that doesn't ruin your roommate's sleep!

OP's alarm setting habits doesn't justify the roommate sabotaging their alarms and making them miss an event. For all they could have know, they could have been going to the doctor for treatment for a major illness and they could have essentially signed OP's death warrant by doing so. If they REALLY wanted the alarms off, they could have woken OP up, given that they were presumably within feet of them while turning off he alarms. At that point, the roommate was just being passive-aggressive instead of behaving like and adult as discussing the matter and alternative solutions with OP. Since that's, you know, a huge reason why people are encouraged to live in a dorm at least once- it encourages them to be Actual Adults™ instead of acting like a spoiled bratty preteen throwing a tantrum.

keble 9

I think comparing turning an alarm off to literally murder is a bit dramatic, what do you think?

Is it possible you slept through the roommate's attempt to wake you up as well?

Dormmates? Bunkbeds? Or did he enter your room? I had a dormmate in college and they slept thru all their alarms. So did I. We had a system. You should get a system. Hope your roommate improves or moves out, or moves on past childish acts.