By Anonymous - 28/08/2014 22:39 - United States - Whittier

Today, my manager made everyone put up Christmas decorations around the store. As well as this, we're going to have Christmas music playing on repeat all the way through to January. It's not even September yet. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 432
You deserved it 3 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

JULY 21ST!?!!??!! WHAT THE HELL!!?!!!? CAUSE CLEARLY I NEED TO BUY A CHRISTMAS TREE IN AUGUST. AND CLEARLY I NEED TO STOP WITH THE CAPS. sorry

Comments

crazytwinsmom 25

It's not necessarily a seasonal store.

incoherentrmblr 21

I understand getting prepared for the season. I thought putting up/on Christmas things after Halloween was pushing it, but August is down right ridiculous...

We've not even celebrated Halloween, let alone Thanksgiving... That manager is nuts

JocelynKaulitz 28

"Baby it's cold outside!" …actually it's still kinda summer.

Aviaf 9

I live in Britain... It is cold outside!

#67, op is in California according to the post. At least where I am in California, it's in the high 80s/90s.

Some craft stores have had Christmas decorations out since July. Christmas has gotten so commercial, soon there won't be any point in taking the decorations down.

Shit, your life sucks! I hope your Christmas wouldn't be ruined...

This sounds like Walmart the job I used to work at. They put up Christmas stuff early and then we have to take it down early.

singerlove 14

I once worked in retail and the decorations were up the day after Halloween and the day after Black Friday, the Christmas music started playing. I worked so much leading up to Christmas and the days afterward that Christmas Day just felt like a day off and not a holiday. It was awful.

Walmart Christmas stuff sucks. The same 20 songs every day for 3-4 months. You can feel yourself going slowly insane over the 8 hours.

your picture makes your comment alot better

Just to help clarify, I think #87 was referring to #84...

Maybe he is punishing your entire workplace for something. Sorry, OP!

That is really awful. The SAMs club here has had Christmas stuff up since July 21st.

JULY 21ST!?!!??!! WHAT THE HELL!!?!!!? CAUSE CLEARLY I NEED TO BUY A CHRISTMAS TREE IN AUGUST. AND CLEARLY I NEED TO STOP WITH THE CAPS. sorry

It's OK. Putting up Christmas decorations 5 months early deserves a rant in all caps.

It seems like every year they start selling these things earlier and earlier..

So for Halloween are stores gonna start putting up Easter decorations... Will they be selling things for summer 2015 just in time for New Years?

#4 I read a report online that a Sam's in Florida did that. Is that where you're referring to?

amberv61 22

Surprisingly enough the store in my town has had 3 aisles dedicated to Halloween candy for the last month. We aren't on the Christmas hype yet

I do too. Problem with that is you'll get soooo sick of it way before Christmas and won't appreciate it when 'tis the season. Also I know some people that'll get pissed if you display Christmas stuff before Thanksgiving. Personally, I kinda like the Christmas in July. Make sand instead of snowmen. Yay!

You can visit Australia during Christmas time - it'll be summer there :-)

mintypoison 22

Work a couple holidays in retail, even more so a craft store. Lemmi know how you feel then. c:

Haha, I plan on moving to Christmas, FL

RedPillSucks 31

After 4 months of Christmas music, no court will convict you of the mercy killing you will commit.

JMichael 25

I'd literally kill myself if I had to deal with that.

suicide is never the answer, unless the question is what is never the answer

Apparently quitting and finding another job where it isn't Christmas 24/7 is too rational......

Welp that sucks :( sorry OP, I hate when that happens, even in November.

Aero_x 21

I can't even imagine. Just yesterday my mother was playing X-mas songs in broad daylight for 2 hours!! I almost lost it.

At my job we have Christmas decorations up also but that's because we didn't take them down last year

Yeah #23, I work part-time. It's a pretty good job, I handle what kids around the world are naughty and which ones are nice, then I make a list for Santa. If you thought elves were the ones working for the big jolly guy, you're sadly mistaken.

Do you happen to live in the south? A majority of the gas stations around my hometown still say, "Happy Independence Day" and have red, white, and blue streamers everywhere.

Everyday is Independence Day in Merica #93!!