By Anonymous - 04/09/2014 04:46 - United States - Diana

Today, my roommate asked for my opinion of her new painting. The same painting I hand-painted for over ten hours. She apparently thought it was a gift. She won't give it back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 149
You deserved it 3 483

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can't you just take it back? And lock your room...

Yell "This is Sparta" then kick her in the chest and take it back.

Comments

Steal it back. Who ever said two wrongs don't make a right :P. Or prove its yours, as an artist you should have signed your name at the bottom once you were done. Thus her having no right to having the painting in her possession.

23lf 16

Explain to her the law of stealing other people work

cheshireau 26

Just take it, easy. There isn't any dibs when it's your own property.

Just beat her Ass and take what's yours .

mvc3ftw 17

What would beating a donkey solve? (hopefully ass is the old word for donkey? idk)

And what made her think it was a gift in the first place?

SuperMew 22

Did you take a picture of the painting when you were done and sign it? If not, wait until she is asleep and sign and date the back of the picture. Then when she failed to give it back, threaten to get the police involved if she doesn't do it.

Do you have pictures of you painting it that can prove you're the artist?

You have copyright on that painting. I suggest calling the cops if she seriously wont give it back under any circumstance. Also, if she destroys it, claim intellectual copyright and sue her, you don't need that sort of roommate anyway.