By Really - 10/06/2015 01:59 - United States - Middletown

Today, my professor let a guy into my philosophy class 30 minutes late because his excuse was, "Time is just an illusion." This is the same professor that kicked me out of the classroom for being 2 minutes late. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 747
You deserved it 3 015

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Next time go to his house at 3 AM, say that "time is just an illusion" and stay for 2 minutes to make it up :)

Test this out, turn up to class late again and give a crafty excuse.

Comments

"Time is an illusion. Lunch time, doubly so." Ford Prefect

Came here for the Hitchhikers' Guide quote, leaving satisfied.

"Glad to be of service!" -- Sirius Cybernetics Corporation

Be smarter. Clearly you aren't intelligent enough to play him.

Time to come up with better excuses,OP!

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that with OP writing an FML because of their injustice, that they are a hard working student. That's why OP is so offended and upset over the ridiculousness of them being 2 minutes late and getting in trouble, while the other student while witty, still should've gotten the same treatment. Teachers are usually tougher on students that are bright because they have high expectations for them. Devils advocate: Teachers can be tougher on sloppy students too; or maybe the teacher is just an asshole. Many theories here. . .

If you're late again. Just tell this dumbass professor: "Time isn't the illusion...You are!"

Well then you clearly didn't have a better excuse..

You deserve it for majoring in philosophy. ;)

Most fields have to take ethics and logic as well, which commonly falls under philosophy.

You're probably not in college yet, so you couldn't know, but most colleges require humanities credits in order to graduate. If you're majoring in engineering, you're still going to need to take composition/art/philosophy/etc to get those out of the way and graduate.

From a man who majors in debating the laws of life, this does not surprise me. Don't worry op if you work hard in college it will always pay off.

OP, something to think about, but I sincerely doubt that your professor physically drop-kicked you out of the class. Instead he (or she) stated that you should leave and you ceded to their arbitrary and illusory authority and left the class voluntarily. The other student, by opposing the professor and giving a smart-ass answer, indicated their unwillingness to accept the professor's authority to "boot" them out of class. Realise the truth, that your professor's authority is a carefully maintained illusion in which you are an active and willing participant. Go up to him and discuss it with him. He might have a different perspective, but there's nothing a philosophy professor loves more than a student willing to think about a situation rather than just accept it. P.S. Wait, correction, philosophy professors love the sound of their own voices first... but a good discussion with a student who's thinking rather than whining is a close second.