By jacko - 15/08/2010 09:47 - Reserved

Today, my Platoon Sergeant caught me unshaved, so now I have to write a 1000 word essay on "The importance of shaving." FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 580
You deserved it 40 562

Same thing different taste

Top comments

mynameisal 0
zattele 3

it will be funnier if OP is a girl

Comments

Dude, I'd love to have to write a 1,000 word essay on that.

razor+shaving cream+face=annoying but YDI. cuz u know the rules off the bat

To OP. Get over it; you're in the military and we are taught discipline and attention to detail. That's what saves your life and your brothers next to you. To seouldier13 forget about people like flutist, ichidork and the lot of them. Most people like them DO NOT understand why we do what we do and they don't care. They are usually 20ish kids who were taught by radical teachers and until they experience what you have and I have and our brothers have then they will make stupid comments about all "grunts" do is scratch their balls with their guns and kill kill kill. It does get old when we say you just don't understand but until you get off your ass and actually support your troops instead of blasting them on FML then shut your mouths.

i agree. OP needs to grow the hell up. then again, so do you. don't compare the ability to shave daily to the virtue of discipline. shaving daily is just a habitual act that BARELY holds any importance other than looking "squared away," and even THAT'S more vanity than virtuous. and please don't try to use that gas mask bullshit of a reason to justify people having to shave daily. it's complete bullf*ck and you know it. p.s. flutist, ichidork, and whoever the hell else probably have no clue what it's like to be in the service. therefore, their uneducated opinions on service LIFESTYLES are completely null and void.

Flutist 3

The fact that I choose to live my life peacefully and not join, as you so nicely put it, a "grunt" club is my prerogative. Saying we are ignorant because we are not part of you little murder club is just as ignorant as what you accused us of. Sorry if I don't think I have to prove myself through the murder of others.

zbennett 0

not everyone in the military is a grunt, an infantryman is a grunt. the rest are POGs.. but OP you're exactly right.

zbennett 0

my mistake not OP. 201 you're right.!

@Flutist: thank you. thank you for your retarded presumptions, outlandish conclusion, and above all, for proving my point. i mean hey, if you're gonna fail, you'd might as well do it with a bang! no? no? you still don't see your own hypocrisy? out with a bang, indeed. and without help from anyone else! way to go.

Kilomech 8

The hardest part is going to be finding 1,000 words to describe why shaving is important. Even in the military, it's a formality with no reason.

infantry11b 0

wow man your the only one that has actuallly said anything worth while thts what i was tring to get across but i guess there a little too slow for that

trumpetGIRL12345 0

easy write "shaving is important" 333.333333 times that's 1000 wordson the importance of shaving

look at all these lifer faggots. probably a bunch of pog's and boots. or **** ass staff nco's. a clean shave doesn't make u a good marine. or soldier for that matter. I'll bet all of you are the type that perpetuate the image in all civilians minds that every marine even admin clerks are combat hardened killers. go suck conway's dick.

ughmoments 0

u in bct huh yea that happens

dude, u know better! never go unshaven!! u deserve it!