Out and about

By Anonymous - 16/09/2019 14:00

Today, my grandfather found my diary laying in the living room, and for some reason thought it was an interesting reading material. Oh well, he found out that I'm a lesbian, then panicked and basically outed me to my entire family. I really hope they have reservations in Hell. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 717
You deserved it 684

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Clearly he shouldn’t have read it, but why would you leave your diary in the living room?

Mungolikecandy 19

Why did you leave a book with such confidential material just laying in a room used by the whole family?

Comments

Clearly he shouldn’t have read it, but why would you leave your diary in the living room?

Don't worry -- you won't go to hell for being a lesbian.

Major_Haywire 7

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

And soon enough there will be lots of residents whose horns will be concealed by their MAGA hats.

Major_Haywire 7

Apparently my comment about hell being full went against policy. Being from the UK I sometimes forget some people, Americans in particular, don’t get sarcasm. The point I was making, poorly as it turns out, that she couldn’t go to hell because the increasing number of right wing bigots have already filled it up with everyone who fails to conform to the male-female only stereotype. If I offended anyone I apologise.

I won’t jump to assumptions here I guess. But did he say anything negative? It sucks he outed you but hopefully there was no ill will behind it.

WeirdUS 29

I'm willing to hazard a guess that if he saw fit to out her to her family there was nothing but ill will behind it.

I mean unless he didn’t realize it was a secret.

That reservation would be for Grandpa who can't keep his nose out of a private book. To hell with those that don't support you ...

Mungolikecandy 19

Why did you leave a book with such confidential material just laying in a room used by the whole family?

If someone leaves a fiction book in the communal room, do you pick it up and read it? No? Then why wouldn’t you apply that same logic to a diary?

ThatOneLonelyAsian 31