By Anonymous - 03/05/2009 04:12 - Canada

Today, my parents met my girlfriend for the first time and cooked us dinner. After, I was helping clean up in the kitchen and my dad says to me, "Don't worry, you have to slay a couple of dragons before you get to the princess." and winks at me. She heard. I was going to propose to her tonight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 952
You deserved it 3 865

dragonslayer tells us more.

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

Top comments

First time she meets the parents and already you're proposing?

Comments

so your dad's a nerd? what does that have to do with proposing?

wow, #50 you thought about it way too much.. but yeah it doesn't matter dude, you're the one that's going to be with her, not your dad. but it all depends on what he meant though ... as in, does he think she has a bad personality or does he think she's ugly? Because if it's personality, then maybe you should look more into it. Sometimes when you're really into someone, you shrug off really big personality flaws or make excuses for them. That's not necessarily a good thing. If he's talking about looks.. then whatever. You see something that he doesn't, and that's what matters. Sometimes a girl's personality is so amazing that it shines on the outside, and that's very rare to find in a girl. If you've matured enough to want to propose to someone, it's really important to know that really looks are not everything. Of course you want to find someone that you're attracted to, everyone does. But you have to go deeper than just the shell. You have to live with this person for the rest of your life. If you can't stand their personality, you won't be able to stand looking at them no matter how good they look. And divorces are pretty damn expensive.

crazytom731 0

btw you dad is a dick... or maybe your girlfriend is a bitch... or your mom's a *****...

why are you parents JUST meeting your girlfriend? cause it seems like youve been with her for awhile if youre proposing to her..?

We met in Europe, and I currently live in England and my parents live in the States, so that's why they haven't met her yet. I still proposed, and she said yes. And yes, my dad was calling her ugly.

pianodoctor 0

I think most of the ppl who commented on this saying the father's impression may be right, have probably completely missed that he was calling her ugly and judging her soley based on how he thought she looked. Glad you proposed anyway. Your dad kinda sounds like an ass sorry to say (clearly you cared about the girl you were bringing home from England to meet your parents)