By Anonymous - 27/02/2010 16:01 - United Kingdom

Today, my parents bought a new car with the money they made from selling mine. To make up for selling my car without telling me, they let me choose the make, model, and colour of the new car... which I just found out I'm not allowed to drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 299
You deserved it 2 582

skittlesftw tells us more.

I'm the op (just made an account) I bought the car with my money, and since they drove the car as well they paid for some maintance and insurance. They decided to sell the car without talking to me first, but said that I would be able to drive the new car they were going to buy. Turns out the insurance would be too expensve with me on it, hence the FML. Not all bad though, they feel guilty so they are sorting me out with a car once i finish uni. (only just found this bit out)

Top comments

daisy1vargas 0

wow that sucks I say take the keys and just go out

alex_vik 0

Well, did you buy your car, or did they buy it for you?

Comments

let me guess, by "my car" you mean one that they bought and paid for for you?

or the car you paid for but your parents had to buy for you because 16 year olds can't officially own cars because of some reason

asianwolf 2

no you guys, she clearly dished out 35 grands and paid for the car by herself. (hint: this is sarcastic.)

Asianwolf, do you seriously think that you can't buy a car for less than 35 grand? You've been ripped off.

asianwolf 2

good thing I don't own a car, i use the metro.

I say jack their car and sell it and then be like. quid pro quo d bagsssss!

It sounds like the car was bought by your parents for you, in which case you have no right to complain. Buy your own damn car and you won't have this problem.

MermaidSongXOXO 6

When they don't know, sell their new car and buy another one for yourself :] That, or find a crowbar and "accidentally" trip and ruin their car.

by "your car" do you mean the one they pay for?

sourgirl101 28

#22 I was thinking the same thing!

FYL OP if your patents are just jerks but if the paid for the car and you're old enough to start paying at least part of your own(17 or 18) but you never did then YDI. If that's the case, grow up and pay for your own shit and this won't happen.

Hermyoni 0

By your car you mean one mom and dad got for you but is in their names and they pay insurance on it. If it was registered in your name they wouldn't of been able to sell it so it must of just been a car they own that they let you drive.

jisaac09 25

Yea, this FML should read "Today my parents sold their car that they were nice enough to let me drive. FML"

treesdevin 0

dude you should totally key that new car and also slash the tires.. your parents are straight bitches beaa

treesdevin 0