By Anonymous - 27/02/2010 16:01 - United Kingdom

Today, my parents bought a new car with the money they made from selling mine. To make up for selling my car without telling me, they let me choose the make, model, and colour of the new car... which I just found out I'm not allowed to drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 299
You deserved it 2 583

skittlesftw tells us more.

I'm the op (just made an account) I bought the car with my money, and since they drove the car as well they paid for some maintance and insurance. They decided to sell the car without talking to me first, but said that I would be able to drive the new car they were going to buy. Turns out the insurance would be too expensve with me on it, hence the FML. Not all bad though, they feel guilty so they are sorting me out with a car once i finish uni. (only just found this bit out)

Top comments

daisy1vargas 0

wow that sucks I say take the keys and just go out

alex_vik 0

Well, did you buy your car, or did they buy it for you?

Comments

Michellec9982 18

What shitty parents you have

Morash 0

I had the exact same problem

They spelt colour right. That's how you spell it in the U.K.

I would sue them for selling a car that wasn't even there's. legally they would have to give you the money they made by selling the car...... Or just threaten to sue and maybe that will scare them enough to just give you the money.

I would sue them for selling a car that wasn't even there's. legally they would have to give you the money they made by selling the car...... Or just threaten to sue and maybe that will scare them enough to just give you the money. I and if they bought it for you then they gave it to you as a gift so it is technically yours and they technically stole it from you.

This is why I bought my own car and put the title in my name. Insurance is a bit more expensive but it's worth not having my parents sell it out from under me for whatever reason. If the title was in my dad's name per say, and he sold it, even though it was my car legally it was his because the title is in his name. I didn't want to get screwed.

And that's why I bought my own car. Parents need to stop doing shit like that

if you didn't buy it and have it registered in your name (BOTH NOT ONE) then it wasn't your car so quit bitching

I'm curious. Was it your car that you bought and paid for? If so why wasn't it registered in your name? If not then it must have been a car they were letting you drive and they had every right to sell it. ydi