By georgiaswish - 20/11/2013 20:05 - United Kingdom

Today, my obsessive ex, who recently cut my phone line to stop me from talking to my boyfriend of three years, got a job at the same restaurant where both my boyfriend and I work. FML
I agree, your life sucks 55 020
You deserved it 3 829

Same thing different taste

Top comments

A 'bit of paper' that will send his ass to jail if he violates it. good luck with prosecution OP; I hope all goes well and they hit him with that book hard!

Phone line? Don't you have a cell phone or Skype? Oh and get a restraining order

Comments

SCREAM AT HIM AND PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE. HE'S GOT TO KNOW THAT UR NOT OK WITH THIS.

Why would you let your ex boyfriend pay your phone bill?...

CrazyGirlfriend 21

he cut the phone lines. He physically took something sharp and snapped the lines in two. How could you not understand that?..or did you just not think about actual land phones having lines? lol

My advice, if he is causing issues don't cause a scene. Go to your boss and get your ex fired. Believe me, a restraining order is just a piece of paper.

Did you think he was gonna pay for your bill forever? Someone doesn't know when to let go

A 'bit of paper' that will send his ass to jail if he violates it. good luck with prosecution OP; I hope all goes well and they hit him with that book hard!

....and that's the point when you get a CCL.

Hesher 19

The fact that most people jump to the assumption that "cutting the phone lines" means not paying the phone bill says something about the times we live in. Not every phone is a cell phone, guys.

frizz101 22

Yeah, when I read it I assumed she meant that he cut her land line. It's sad how many people assume that everyone has a cell phone...

it never even crossed my mind that she meant a cell phone bill.. i must be old!

#133 is completely right. After all, my dad still has a landline phone. He's getting into the groove though. Just learned to text after mom died...

Don't worry, it's not an old thing. I'm 18 and I immediately understood what op meant, I didn't even think about a cell phone bill.

frizz101 22

Restraining orders are extremely hard to get, unfortunately. Not to mention that if he becomes violent he can do a lot of physical damage before the police arrive, my sister had a similar case like this. The best advice you can get is to record him, especially when he talks to you and/or threatens you, tell your boss about the situation, then your boss can keep tape if you have cameras in the work place. And don't let your bf heart or threaten your stalker, it just makes it harder to put the real criminal in jail. But if you have concrete evidence that he's stalking you, you can bypass the restraining order altogether and get him thrown in jail, then when he gets out you will automatically have a restraining order against him, but hopefully he will have lost his fixation on you.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

84 has a point. it is just a piece of paper that many people violate. getting some self defense classes in case he tried to hurt her would help until the police arrive. or even having a gun that she only uses whenever things get very dangerous. some times just the presence of a weapon helps eliminate the threat. The gun should be a last resort, of course.

CrazyGirlfriend 21

self defense classes asap, and maybe a class to get a permit to carry a concealed weapon may help too if things get that bad. Of course, the weapon is a last line of defense but some times it does help when the police are on their way and youre in immediate danger.