By staceyymaee - 06/07/2016 17:47 - United States - Indianapolis

Today, my new futon mattress arrived. Upon laying it out on the frame, I realized IKEA has whack bed sizings. When I went to return the mattress for a queen, they informed me a queen mattress wouldn't be here until sometime next week. I already threw out my old crappy mattress. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 944
You deserved it 2 558

Same thing different taste

Top comments

askullnamedbilly 33

Why didn't you measure your frame before buying a new mattress? IKEA may have strange sizes, but they list the exact measurements on their website, which I'm pretty sure whatever mattress shop you went to does as well. You might actually still want to do that, in case a queen size won't fit either.

Just sleep at ikea. They have plenty of rooms.

Comments

My paranoid self won't allow me to buy any furniture unless I've made sure that it'll fit the space. It's okay OP, lesson learned. You'll know what to do next time.

That's not being paranoid. That's being sensible.

thats. why you dont throw out old things until you get a replacement. unless the first one is really really bad, at least you have a backup

Just camp out in the living room for the time you're waiting.

This story is equivalent to saying you quit your job before you found another job and now you're jobless searching for work. You kind of set yourself up for this failure.

I used to work at IKEA, and the mattress and frames are definitely standard US sizes. You might have grabbed the right mattress in the wrong size or something, but all the bedding IS standard sized. They just don't have California King or anything special like that.

Their sizes are definitely standard..

Just put the new mattress on the floor until the right size arrives and sleep on it, then switch them out.