By MisterGasMoney - 13/04/2014 17:08 - United States - Poughkeepsie

Today, my nephews discovered how to trick my washing machine into starting up while the door is still open. My laundry room is now flooded, and their mom refuses to accept any responsibility for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 907
You deserved it 3 877

MisterGasMoney tells us more.

My laundry room has been paid for, not by their mom, but by her husband, who I've known since middle school. I guess one of the kids told him about it, and I got a text apologizing and saying he would cover it! Problem Solved!

Top comments

Bad parenting at its finest. Be glad that you were raised better than those kids.

skittyskatbrat 19

good to know :) Parents are responsible for damages caused by their kids. It'll be interesting in ten years or so when she decides that she doesn't have to pay for the damage the kids did while driving.....

Comments

That's why you should have been WATCHING the children

Most of you guys know, the washing machines have a button that gets pushed in when you close the door. One held the button, the other started the wash!

11shareef 4

Looks like the last time you babysit. At least until their mom takes some responsibility.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Don't let them come over anymore.

Freakin demon children. Lock them in a closet filled with bubbles and soap and no lights on, damn bastards. Did they clean it up at least?? These machines need a child lock seriously!

kwazywabbit 9

Yeah her kids did it, but they were in your house. You're responsible to keep an eye on 'em!

My reasons to be thankful to never have had kids grows longer every day...

So if someone commits a murder but no police were there to see it then it's perfectly fine? You might want to reavaluate your ideas on punishment.

Um 31, I don't think a trip to the bathroom, making some quick food, etc takes the time to flood a whole laundry room. Obviously OP wasn't watching the kids. Of course, if OP was not babysitting, it is no where near her/his fault. Although the parents SHOULD take a little part of the blame either way

Do you know how fast a washing machine can flood a room? When ours broke it took all of about 30 seconds of water pouring out to completely trash the carpet. OP said one kid held the button in to trick the washer into thinking the door was shut, and the other turned it on. How long do you think that took?