By MisterGasMoney - 13/04/2014 17:08 - United States - Poughkeepsie

Today, my nephews discovered how to trick my washing machine into starting up while the door is still open. My laundry room is now flooded, and their mom refuses to accept any responsibility for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 907
You deserved it 3 877

MisterGasMoney tells us more.

My laundry room has been paid for, not by their mom, but by her husband, who I've known since middle school. I guess one of the kids told him about it, and I got a text apologizing and saying he would cover it! Problem Solved!

Top comments

Bad parenting at its finest. Be glad that you were raised better than those kids.

skittyskatbrat 19

good to know :) Parents are responsible for damages caused by their kids. It'll be interesting in ten years or so when she decides that she doesn't have to pay for the damage the kids did while driving.....

Comments

How old are your nephews? Part of this is on you because if you were baby-sitting, they were your responsibility. But who could have predicted little kids (if they are, in fact, little) figuring out how to do that? And on the other hand, the mother should have at least offered to clean up the mess or make her kids do it. Something other than denying that she had anything to do with her little turds did. As their mother, it's her job to discipline them and teach them right from wrong. I hope she at least told them that they shouldn't have done that and reprimanded them or something (plus help you clean up or make them do it).

Tiger1992 8

Great job in establishing respect and fear in your household. My home is not a darn play place.