By MisterGasMoney - 13/04/2014 17:08 - United States - Poughkeepsie

Today, my nephews discovered how to trick my washing machine into starting up while the door is still open. My laundry room is now flooded, and their mom refuses to accept any responsibility for it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 907
You deserved it 3 877

MisterGasMoney tells us more.

My laundry room has been paid for, not by their mom, but by her husband, who I've known since middle school. I guess one of the kids told him about it, and I got a text apologizing and saying he would cover it! Problem Solved!

Top comments

Bad parenting at its finest. Be glad that you were raised better than those kids.

skittyskatbrat 19

good to know :) Parents are responsible for damages caused by their kids. It'll be interesting in ten years or so when she decides that she doesn't have to pay for the damage the kids did while driving.....

Comments

daniellemshine 10

Your nephews sounds super precious, love them mucho!

Jessj958 19

I agree with 31. I would feel terrible if my kids did something like that, and I would definitely pay for any damage or cleaning or whatever the case may be. It's up to parents to teach their children to behave and act properly no matter where they are, whether the parents are there or not.

Her kids broke your machine. I know she's family and all, but that's still really low for her not to accept responsibility and help you pay for it.

Well, how do you make it work with the door open? The world needs to know.

There's a part where the door clicks in, just like on a microwave, on front loaders; if you put something in there, it'll think the door's shut on older models. Try it, tell us how it goes :). Not responsible for anything you or others do, and the resulting consequences because of this comment.

I think a top loader is what you need and for the time being turn of the water supply

Rotten kids. Good thing their dad stepped up

OP, how did they trick the washing machine? Tape? (Inquiring minds want to know! Or would that nefariously inform other "kids" reading this thread?)

Well it's a good thing that her husband actually did something about it. I think it's pathetic that his wife wouldn't do anything about it, it's a sad sad world.:(

Our good family friend had a similar thing happen years ago when she was really broke and her nephew came over and emptied all her coffee and dry goods onto the floor. At the time she couldn't just replace those things being so poor and the mother (her brothers ex) just said "oh well" and her kid is now on the fast track to jail after being caught multiple times stealing and breaking into homes and being an overall piece of shit to everyone.