By catdog - 02/01/2013 06:07 - United States - West Sacramento

Today, my neighbor went on vacation, leaving me in charge of his cat and dog. For some reason, he calls his dog "Cat" and his cat "Dog". There are two pet food containers, one labeled "Cat" and the other labeled "Dog". I have no idea which one goes to which animal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 543
You deserved it 4 526

Same thing different taste

Top comments

maneater8 7

Pour it out and let them choose wat to eat

Comments

Pour it all on the kitchen floor. Mix it up. :-)

Korosuhito 26

Have a smell of the food. If one smells like fish, I'm sure you can work out who it belongs to.

You neighbour is epic. I am so naming my dog and cat that. Except I don't like cats. Damn...

The big one is usually for the dog, but I have to say I love your neighbor's humour

The one labeled 'Cat' should go to the one named 'Cat' which is the dog and the one labeled 'Dog' should go to the one named 'Dog' which is the cat.

Your neighbor is nuts. Hopefully he left a number so you can call him and straighten this out. Otherwise, as other posters have said, food for canines is often larger than food for felines. Unless he has a small dog, it should be obvious.

daisiebud 18

See which one Dog the cat eats. The cat will probably eat the cat food. The dog I'm not so sure about. It depends. My dog goes crazy over our cat food for some reason.

pheebs314 17

I've recently started to have to chase my cats off the dog food in addition to my dogs off the cat food. But I also have a large cat... He's a torso sized beast.

This sounds like the best plan. Most cats won't eat dog food (generally speaking) while dogs will happily eat cat food. Put both in front of the cat and see what he eats. What he doesn't eat is probably the dog food.

Also cat and dog food look different, usually.