This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By lovethyneighbor - 12/04/2017 20:00

Today, my neighbor knocked on my door. Apparently, someone told him my 12-year-old son tried opening his car door last night. He's the third person to tell me this in less than 24 hours. We are officially the neighborhood parias. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 411
You deserved it 454

Top comments

Talis99 26

Stop letting the kid out and definitely start punishing him. Start by making him personally apologize to each of those neighbors.

I'd take away everything from that kid. Unless you let him do whatever he wants 12 is old enough to understand you don't mess with other peoples property.

Comments

I'd take away everything from that kid. Unless you let him do whatever he wants 12 is old enough to understand you don't mess with other peoples property.

Talis99 26

Stop letting the kid out and definitely start punishing him. Start by making him personally apologize to each of those neighbors.

Tell them he's on neighborhood watch and trying to do a safety check.

species4872 19

A tough one, either you can go to far or not far enough with the kid. If he's not too rebellious a tough talk, (talk to him as an adult), might be enough along with taking responsibility for what he has done. If he doesn't care one way or another maybe drag him off to the cops but it may not end with a scare from them. Perhaps a call, anonymously, to a senior officer at your local station maybe helpful in determining a course of action.

Parias? While I applaud your use of such a word, it's actually pariahs. And I hope you get your kid straightened out. He sounds like a brat.

So is it just a prank type thing? Just like, pulling the handle or is he actually trying to get in and steal things? Either way, he needs a nice long talking to about the negative consequences this type of thing could have. Someone could very well call the cops on him and he could get in trouble for attempted burglary?

First find out if it is actually him before doling out any punishment.

Raise your kids to be respectable human beings and this won't be a problem.