By NotAnInLawFamilyMan - 10/12/2014 14:05 - United States - San Francisco

Today, my mother-in-maw informed us that she sold her house and is moving in with us so we'll "take care" of her in old age. She's in perfect health. We've only been married for 4 months. My wife can't stand her for more than 2 weeks at a time, let alone living with us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 807
You deserved it 2 961

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saraitkddh 47

It is obvious that she is doing this out if evil intentions so maybe try to put her in a nursing home and visit her every week at least.

Yeah it's totally acceptable to say no to that.

Comments

I know damn well I cannot stand my grandmother in law and nor could my family. She knew how to control my step mom and she was a royal bitch during the entire time we housed and fed her. She's always been a royal bitch outside of that too, I guess. As soon as her favorite, rich daughter changed her mind and said that woman could live her [because she needed a babysitter] my grandmother in law took off. Hell no to the grandma/mother in laws.

Just tell her hell no. Maybe get a restraining order. Honestly, she sounds half crazy at least.

I would go crazy! If it was my mom or my mother in law! Hope things turn out well. I'd probably kill someone and live in prison then live with one of them for more then a week

Oh my gosh What a nightmare.. I'm sorry OP , good luck with this :/

Then say no. Is everyone who posts here a freaking pushover?

sk8ergrl32414 2

sounds like something my mom would do.

lummiiss 3

I know it's hard to say no to your grandma but you gotta tell her no and suggest nursing homes

I give this Union six more months. Poor OP!!! Good luck w that. Tell her no, or lose your wife. The choice is yours!

Tell her no. She can't force herself into your lives like that. If she throws a fit about it, let her. Don't give in to her. Even if she shows up on your front doorstep with her bags, tell her no. If she starts screaming and bitching or tries to force her way into the house, call the cops.

FlinkeMeisje 5

No. No is a complete sentence. You decide who lives in your house, and you can tell her NO. Also, change your locks, and don't give her a key. She didn't ask. She told you. She informed you that she would move in, and take over your life. Don't let her do it. For the sake of your marriage, and your own sanity, don't let her do it!